It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:57

Previous  1, 2, 3 New Topic Add Reply
Post 10 Aug 2020, 20:37 • #51 
Master Guide
Only reason I was wondering about the 3wt line is that I already have those. Wasn't going to rush out and buy a 2wt line if the rod preforms well with a 3 at shorter distances.

Post 30 Sep 2020, 22:29 • #52 
Sport
I was a Winston graphite angler before I discovered bamboo. Years went by before I put another graphite rod into my quiver, though I had added a few glass rods along the way. A friend turned me onto early Scott graphite--great stuff. I now have a G904/4 and just added the new GS906/4. Now i am looking to add one of the early, early Scott glass rods, perhaps something smaller for the majority of my fishing.

Post 03 Nov 2020, 20:36 • #53 
Still loving my 883/3 and 845/5 from Hunters in New Boston NH. Late 80's or early 90's G series
The #3 is just a spectacular do must everything rod and the #5 is a mini-cannon. Fish soft hackles, nymphs, dries in close or medium distance, stack mend or upstream mend, this 3 wt rod does it. The 5 weight? Bang the bank with hoppers or larger dries, throw streamers, of a problem. They are both pretty line specific though the 5 handles 4 wt and 6 wt Wulff TT as if they were designed for each other.
Says a lot about these Scott rods that this thread stretchs out over 10 years and it's biased toward their graphite series.

Previous  1, 2, 3 New Topic Add Reply