It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 07:01

New Topic Add Reply
Post 17 Jul 2021, 19:31 • #1 
Sport
Hi:
Used to have one of the two piece 8’ 4 wt diamondglass rods and in a fit of cash flow problems during grad school I let it go. Been looking for several years now to see if I could find one to replace it as I really enjoyed that rod but they seem to be very scarce. I’m surprised by this since it seems most glass folks thought that rod was too fast and preferred the 3 piece.

Anyway, was wondering if there Is an equivalent rod on the market now or am I relegated to hoping one of them pops up?

Thanks,
Paul

Post 18 Jul 2021, 19:02 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Paul,
I had sent you an e-mail telling you I have a Diamondback 8' 4 weight available for sale. For some reason I am unable to post a PM, so I sent you an e-mail you may have missed.

Larry

[And I still can't figure out why your PMs don't work. Normally for sale offers are made by PM as business is always a private transaction between two individuals. As such I would delete the post. But in this case I'll leave it be until Paul sees it. Paul, when you see this post, please send Larry a PM if you are interested in learning the details. He can return PMs once the process is started. Tom]

Post 19 Jul 2021, 04:14 • #3 
Guide
The 8ft.4wt. two piece occasionally shows up on ebay. I picked one up last year. Expect to pay more than when they were new, around $300 or so. I have a 8ft.4/5wt. three piece Steffen fished with a 4wt.DT, that I think is similar, about the same price range. Good luck.

Post 19 Jul 2021, 19:09 • #4 
Sport
Thanks, sent a PM

Paul

New Topic Add Reply