It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 07:46

New Topic Add Reply
Post 07 May 2021, 03:13 • #1 
Sport
Does anyone know if CTS still offers 8'6''/9' 3 and 4 wt custom banks?
I have seen some builds on these, but not on their website.
As an aside: how different is the action on 3 and 4 pc blanks?

Post 07 May 2021, 07:14 • #2 
Master Guide
Short answer, yes. They have a lot of standard offerings that are not listed on their site. Your best bet is to email them with what you are looking for, if it is a blank they have made in the past, you will not be charged a custom design fee. I know personally that they make 8'-6" models from 3wt up to 7wt, standard offerings, but not on their site. 4pc is pretty much the standard configuration, but I think they will still make a 3pc. Again, best to email. Of the 3pc blanks I built out a few years back, I found them to be slightly softer, little more deeper flexing, but not much when compared to the 4pc models. My experience was limited to the 5 and 6wts in 8-6 length when comparing the 4pc vs to the 3pc.

Post 10 May 2021, 02:16 • #3 
Sport
Confirming Bill's comments I'm waiting on a CTS Vintage 8'6" 4wt blank in "ruby". This model seems to have been discontinued around 2016. Should be here in about 14.5 days.......

Check out this link for a comprehensive list of CTS's offferings of around 10 years ago http://merricktackle.com/newproducts/cts-blanks/cts-blanks.pdf

New Topic Add Reply