It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:06

New Topic Add Reply
Tiemco fly line
Post 23 Apr 2020, 11:40 • #1 
Master Guide
Anyone familiar with these experimental lines. Figured they might be a sa xps.

Re: Tiemco fly line
Post 23 Apr 2020, 13:33 • #2 
Administrator
Sorry, I'm not familiar with Tiemco fly lines in the past. Right now they do not list any fly lines on their website. The packaging could be Scientific Anglers. It could be Cortland.

I think of Tiemco as a Japanese Domestic Market company first and a US distributor second. I like the color, which reminds me of the Cortland Peach color. I expect the phrase 'Sakura Pink' means more to a Japanese buyer than in the US buyer.

Have you fished with it yet?

Tom

Post 23 Apr 2020, 21:26 • #3 
Master Guide
I haven't had a chance to line them up yet. The packaging and xps on the packaging made me think maybe SA but I could not find any info on tiemco fly lines. The "sakura Pink" seems to be used on a few different Japanese fishing products. It is a different color than the cortland peach but pretty similar.

Post 23 Apr 2020, 21:52 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
sakura apparently translates as "cherry blossom" so "cherry blossom pink"

Post 24 Apr 2020, 13:41 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
The packaging is definitely SA. Cortland has round containers and also looks different (clear plastic).

Tiemco being the Japanese importer of SA for Japan often sells special lines for Japanese fishery. Also often discontinued lines are available longer in Japan, like the SA Heritage available both in WF (USA) and DT.

jgestar wrote:
The packaging could be Scientific Anglers. It could be Cortland.

Post 24 Apr 2020, 16:16 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Next I'd like to know more about the Fenwick in the background--a new thread if you have much to tell about it.

Post 24 Apr 2020, 18:52 • #7 
Master Guide
There are actually two fenwick multipiece blanks in that picture. Was lucky enough to grab a few on ebay a while back. Built one like the 5pc in the background as a spinning rod with recoil guides for a pack trip in alaska. Great trout and greyling rod. Gave it away to a guy that took us out in his boat fishing and let us stay at his log cabin on the lake. Need to finish the other ones.

Russell

Post 25 Aug 2020, 11:00 • #8 
I think SA would have made this line. I've seen a few "new product" posts on Japanese fly fishing Instagram accounts that have SA fly line boxes with a model label reading Japan WF/Custom/DT or the like.

For example @flyshoprocks has an image of SA lines from July 2019 posted. The box clearly reads "Japan Custom." The labelreads "ST Chuzenji SP Type II." Chuzenji is a popular lake trout destination not overly far from Tokyo.

New Topic Add Reply