It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:58

New Topic Add Reply
Cane and Silk rods.
Post 08 Oct 2019, 21:23 • #1 
Sport
Looking for a cost effective good quality 2/3 wt rod. Came across the Cane and Silk rods website. $160 for a standard build almost seems to good to be true. I don't need nor do I have the casting ability to use a high dollar rod to it's fullest capacities, but I don't want a poor quality rod either. Anyone have any experience with rods from this builder? Thanks in advance.

Re: Cane and Silk rods.
Post 09 Oct 2019, 04:46 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Here's a link to a build of a cane and silk blank I did a few years ago. The photobucket photos are blurred out but the text may answer your questions. Good ferrule fit and very nice cosmetically. The 2/3 weight that I chose was actually a 4wt but he may have others that are truer to weight.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=57706&hilit=cane+and+silk

Post 09 Oct 2019, 07:12 • #3 
Guide
Cane and Silk
Be sure to look at a site by a gent named Allan who goes by brktrt. you can leaf through his posts and get a feel for cane and silk- he owns several- same with Ralph who is a member of this site. they speak very highly of these rods.

Cane and Silk opinions.
Small Stream Reflections Allan

Ralph's fly box- Ralph

Post 15 Oct 2019, 15:01 • #4 
Sport
Thanks Tiptop and Skunkedalot. I did check out those links. His stuff looks good but I am leary. You know the old saying of you get what you pay for.

Post 15 Oct 2019, 15:56 • #5 
Guide
I would correspond with Allan and Ralph- they just love cane and silk rods and speak of the highest complements. These guys know fly rods and will set you straight. They are both excellent anglers who would not give you bad info.
I once asked Allan which rod was his favorite (he has many) and he told me Cane and Silk.
Pretty good testimonial.

Good luck

New Topic Add Reply