It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:42

New Topic Add Reply
Post 15 May 2019, 13:41 • #1 
Master Guide
Apologies if this topic has been talked about: but with their current 20% off trade in sale , and liking their 8’5 and 7’6” 4 rods wonder if anyone owns one, applications, likes and dislikes) For me it would streamers in big Pa waters. Thanks

Post 15 May 2019, 14:10 • #2 
Sport
I’d like to chime in. I recently picked this rod up, after years of wanting it. I have the 4wt for some time and love it.
I purchased the 6wt after trying my hand with a graphite 10’ 3wt for nymphing, and sold the euro rod after spending all winter being disappointed in how much I disliked fishing it. I got rid of that rod and picked up the glass 6wt for throwing heavy nymphs, dry droppers, and for a little more reach.
I honestly love how the rod fishes and it may become my favorite. I took it out a couple weeks ago and had my most productive trout day, casting tungsten bead head nymphs. Tiny Brookies to decent rainbows, they all felt great on the rod and the rod is powerful enough to get them out of heavy currents.
I later took the rod out to a pond with my son and tore up the bluegill. Great fun and I never felt overgunned.
It’s a really fun rod for these applications. I haven’t thrown heavy streamers yet, but hope to soon.
Also, I’ve fished it with a 5wt up to a 7wt and they all cast great.

Post 15 May 2019, 16:04 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
There were some useful comments in this thread I started a few months ago, if I did this right.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64116&p=333054&hilit=Orvis#p333054
(If I didn’t, last response was 10/24/18).
And I realize I never got back for a final report and thanks to commenters. From what I could tell, it seemed I’d probably not use it much considering what I already had and fish, so ended up turning into a bonefish reel, line, and a few extras.

Post 16 May 2019, 10:34 • #4 
Master Guide
Hello, I have this rod and like it allot. Great for bigger flies, multi fly rigs w/ indicators, streamers and the wind. It's my primary Stillwater/ floattube rod big and small fish are allot of fun with it. I can fish it for hours and not get fatigued really nice long glass rod. It’s a really nice compliment to my ********* 8’6” and 8’9” 5 wts. for lake fishing

Post 16 May 2019, 15:16 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
Very nice rod:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64214&p=333703&hilit=Bassin+orvis#p333703

New Topic Add Reply