It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:32

New Topic Add Reply
Post 06 May 2019, 14:50 • #1 
Master Guide
After 3 years of R&D Blue Halo is releasing their glass/ graphite rod. The models will be 4 piece with the first 3 sections being a ZenTron S2 glass/ graphite blend with the tip section being all ZenThron S glass. Rods are $500.00 and the blanks are $250.00. Without their $100.00 warranty coverage. They are using Snake Brand guides on the finished rods which are assembled in the US. Suppose to be available July 1 st. Sounds interesting anyone else intrigued?

Post 07 May 2019, 09:20 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
I’m a fan of their gen 2 5wt. They manage to combine a lot of flex with power in the taper. It’s great for warmwater or splatting large terrestrials for trout.

The new rod sounds interesting if it is not too stiff. Even better if it is parabolic. The price seems a bit high for a factory glass rod on a Chinese blank, though.

Post 07 May 2019, 10:08 • #3 
Guide
I came across this recently on their site. I couldn't get past the name long enough to look at the details. I know they seem to market along the edges of kooky, but Liger? Seriously? Is it bred for its skill in magic too? Lol.

Post 07 May 2019, 10:42 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
A little too new age for me, too, but at least it is relevant to the idea of a "hybrid" combo of fiber types. The name is cleverly "new," but the technical concept isn't. With 3 years of R&D, who knows; maybe the new old idea has produced a good or "better" rod of the type. It will be intriguing to find out.

Post 07 May 2019, 11:03 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
bassackwards wrote:
I’m a fan of their gen 2 5wt. They manage to combine a lot of flex with power in the taper. It’s great for warmwater or splatting large terrestrials for trout.

Me too, for the reasons given. I keep picking up the Blue Halo 805-3 even though I have rods with a better reputation. Country of origin notwithstanding, I think the Blue Halo team is serious about producing good rods. I'm interested to see reports on the carbon-glass offering.

New Topic Add Reply