It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:39

New Topic Add Reply
Post 27 Mar 2019, 15:49 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
Got to fish them both the last 2 days and thought I would give a review.I used a CFO II reel with SA Mastery Series Trout DT. 3 and about a 7' leeder that had a size 14 stimulater and 14 beadhead dropper combo.Both rods weight are about the same in the 1.7 ounce range.Both rods had very little tip bounce and mended very well and accurate casters.They both balanced 1" from the front of the handle and and would easily cast 40' and roll cast that for with a slight edge going to the Steffen.Both rods are very similar in there performance on the water both in close are great with a very slight edge going to the Steffen but a big edge to the Scott for its packability......Aurelio

Post 27 Mar 2019, 18:29 • #2 
Inactive
Nice, thanks for sharing

Post 27 Mar 2019, 21:22 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
I know you have some tight streams, but where were you fishing that needed a 6' rod?

Post 27 Mar 2019, 21:52 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
Carl I fished them on our stretch here to compare them and had plenty of room to make long casts so I find these rods very versatile a lot of short 3 wts are good in close but fall short once you get 25 or 30 feet out some wont make it 20'or maybe they can only handle small dries.I could fish bigger rods on our river here but it is not as much fun for me.These two rods would be good for below our property were it gets real tight and a canopy or up on the ponil were you can get into a lot of brush but then you might hit a meadow were you can make a longer cast and still handle a little wind.Carl I did get my 7'6"3/4 Steffen out the othe day when I hiked down int the red only because there are some 18 and 20" fish down there and fast water and I was using it like a Tankara rod with just a certain amount of line out hitting all the pockets......Aurelio

New Topic Add Reply