It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:18

Previous  1, 2, 3 New Topic Add Reply
7' Orvis Fullflex
Post 05 Dec 2010, 12:31 • #51 
Emeritus
I guess maybe you've hit the nail on the head Colston. That's exactly why I like the "A". I like a mid flex periodically.

7' Orvis Fullflex
Post 01 Jan 2011, 08:46 • #52 
Guide
The reel was built by JW Young. These reels were ok, but not great.

I bought one a few years ago for about $60.

7' Orvis Fullflex
Post 04 Jan 2011, 06:44 • #53 
Master Guide
My first good rod was an Orvis Fullflex that I built from their kit in the early 1970's. 8 feet long and for an 8 WF line, yellow colored blank with the tip-over-butt fiberglass ferrule with a metal reinforcing ring. I really enjoyed that rod with its smooth action! Although Orvis had recommended at the time that it should be an excellent all-around rod, it was a bit too heavy for my early efforts in small trout streams. Caught a lot of fish in bigger waters however and it was a fine bass bugging rod. Unfortunately the tip snapped off on a cast while on the Yellowstone River, and I did not at the time have any idea how to fix it. Orvis customer service was really good at that time, and since they had no more of these blanks they replaced the whole amateur-made rod with a factory Fullflex A for no cost (a move that made me a loyal Orvis customer for many years). I never liked the new rod as well though and eventually traded it off. My eye is open for any of these rods that I might run across in a garage sale!

7' Orvis Fullflex
Post 06 Jan 2011, 15:03 • #54 
Master Guide
Hey, Golf ... I just happens to has a yellow Phillipson Orvis Fullflex A rated for 8 wt. that isn't going into a garage sale, but I'll entertain an offer.

7' Orvis Fullflex
Post 13 Jan 2011, 07:30 • #55 
Master Guide
Mr. Newton- Thanks for the offer! I just read the reply on the site today. At this moment (right after Christmas) I don't think I could get it past the wife to buy another rod; I am making a note of your rod being available though and maybe in the not-too-distant future I will be able to make an offer on it if it remains available. Thanks GWW

Last edited by Golfswithwolves on 13 Jan 2011, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.

7' Orvis Fullflex
Post 13 Jan 2011, 17:03 • #56 
Master Guide
It'll be here, Golf ... with original sack and tube ... Mmmm, 'tis a pretty thing.

Previous  1, 2, 3 New Topic Add Reply