It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:09

New Topic Add Reply
Heddon slickstick
Post 11 Nov 2023, 14:36 • #1 
Sport
Hey all! I’ve read some of the threads on Heddon rods… I have a Heddon Slickstick on the way in 8wt. Anyone of any additional info on these rods or have cast them? What reel they like on em as well.. I would assume a medalist would look sharp on it! Thanks!

Re: Heddon slickstick
Post 11 Nov 2023, 16:55 • #2 
Sport
I have one of these rods and I love it. It is lighter and has a slower action than my other vintage glass 8 weights. I mainly use it for pike down at my lake, though I have taken it winter steelheading. It balances really well with my 1144 south bend finalist that I converted to LHW. Got my slickstick from a guy in flagstaff for 30 bucks and the reel on eBay for 12 bucks. A cheap 20 dollar 8 wt line casts great on it. A really fun setup. Oh and also the ferrules on the rod are really smooth and nice, probably he best ferrules on any vintage rod I own. Have fun!

Re: Heddon slickstick
Post 11 Nov 2023, 19:08 • #3 
Sport
That’s awesome! Thanks for the info bud! Yeah those cheap cortland lines in that sweet mint color work really well with old glass rods. I have a few reels lined up with em and honestly have nothin bad to say about em. That’s a sweet like set up btw.

New Topic Add Reply