It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:32

New Topic Add Reply
Post 30 Sep 2022, 21:57 • #1 
Here is another of the rods I acquired. It is a Fenwick model 855 that is 8'6" for a #5 line. Fantastic casting rod. Has the cork sliding band reel seat. Besides the initials engrave in the butt cap it is in very good++. Has the original bag and tube as well.

Post 02 Oct 2022, 12:58 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Your best bet for an appraisal is looking at ebay "sold" postings. not just completed, but ones that actually sold.

You have the tube and sock, and the FF855 is a nice and uncommon rod, so some where between $110 and $220, probably somewhere around $150 would move reasonably quickly, but like anything, you have to find the right buyer. It has a lot of things going for it (5wt, cork reelseat, but the etching takes it out of being a true collectors piece.

I've seen them go for lower, but not when they are in good condition and advertised correctly. It's a great rod, but there are a lot of great 8' 6" 5wts out there these days and unless you are into vintage glass (like those of us here). Most people have a rod that fits this niche.

Post 04 Oct 2022, 18:17 • #3 
Sport
One of those sold this weekend on the auction site. It was the first I ever saw on there. Went for $113 and change. I bid for it myself, but stopped earlier. Apparently Ernest Schweibert thought the FF855 was the best rod Fenwick ever produced.
I'd love to have one of those, but I wouldn't pay more than $120. (Seem I didn't . . . )

Post 06 Oct 2022, 15:45 • #4 
Master Guide
I’d think the presence of a slide-band seat would make it a little more desirable. Cool rod, uncommon on the secondary market.

New Topic Add Reply