It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 01:16

New Topic Add Reply
Epic 370 Fastglass?
Post 28 Aug 2022, 10:10 • #1 
Anybody have the Epic 370 Fastglass 2? What do you think of it?

I’ve got an Epic 476 Fastglass 2. It’s one of my very favorite rods - unbelievably sweet and deadly accurate and graceful. But it’s less of a micro-creek rod than I expected. It’s not as good in super-close, even compared to some of my graphite 8’6” rods. It’s got a surprising amount of power for its size, and it’s more of a small/medium river rod, for me, than a backcountry blue line rod.

I noticed that the Epic site classes the 476 as “medium fast” and the 370 as “slow”.

Re: Epic 370 Fastglass?
Post 28 Aug 2022, 12:44 • #2 
Master Guide
Hi!

Are you only interested in personal experiences with the 370 fastglass II, or are you looking for input on an ideal blue line rod?

If the latter, a little bit of info on what region you are in, how small a "small creek" is to you, target species, fly type and size etc. would potentially help folks recommend rods or blanks (buying a studio built epic rod is a hefty budget for fiberglass, there are many options inside that price envelope).

Unfortunately, Ive never cast any of the epic rods. Sorry I cant be of more help there!

Re: Epic 370 Fastglass?
Post 28 Aug 2022, 20:59 • #3 
I have the Epic 370 that I built from their kit. I love it. It is sweet casting and works well in close or even out to 35-40’. Great flex and has handled browns up to 16”. Smaller 8-10” fish still feel great and provide great action. Currently running a WF 4wt on it because that’s what I had. Balanced out with a Pflueger 1492. I really like it. Unfortunately I don’t have an good pics of it. Kinda forget when I start fishing

New Topic Add Reply