It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:31

New Topic Add Reply
Post 30 Apr 2022, 12:22 • #1 
Sport
I recently purchased this rod and another Scott also an 8ft rod, as part of a larger deal. I took it to a show here on the west coast in Santa Rosa. It just so happens Larry Kenney was there and he got a good look at both rods. He said this one was a very early one when the shop was still in Harry Wilson's basement It is a Scott "Powr-ply" model F80/4 4 1/8 oz 5wt 8ft 4pc - WF5F marked on the blank it is the early yellow/gold color with gold anodized reelseat that is an uplock. The rod was in it's original cloth bag and labeled tube. It is a very nice casting rod. I have not seen one of these in many, many years.. Now I hope a few pics will load up for me. Best,Paul in OR

Post 01 May 2022, 17:28 • #2 
Master Guide
Classic early yellow Scott rod. Enjoyed the images. Your source for history is first rate with Larry Kenney. Any details on the brown Scott rod would also be appreciated.

Post 01 May 2022, 22:17 • #3 
Master Guide
That’s really cool to purchase a rod that was made in Harry Wilson’s basement. That’s a real
piece of fly angling history from the early days of Scott rods.

Post 02 May 2022, 11:28 • #4 
Sport
Thanks for the comments on the Scott. I will try and get the info on the Brown glass Scott 3pc rod and a few pics of that also. I know now that there are a lot of great blanks and rods available. back in the 70's there were only a few that stood out, Scott Powr' Ply and Winston are the two I remember the most. Russ Peak too but so few of those were ever on the market. best,Paul

New Topic Add Reply