It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:33

New Topic Add Reply
Post 23 Nov 2021, 17:34 • #1 
Greetings, new member/first-time poster here. Apologies, in advance, as I'm not a glass fancier by any means (all my rods are graphite, save for an antique cane rod that belonged to my grandfather). That said, my first rod was glass, and I am trying to track one down just like it for reasons of nostalgia. If so inclined, the full story is here (http://unaccomplishedangler.com/2021/11/help-me-find-this-rod/), but I won't bore you with all the details. Rather, in a nutshell, here's what I am looking for:

Eddie Bauer Pack Rod, spin-fly combo. I believe it was 7' or 7-1/2' with no printed weight designation. I got the rod in ~1975 so that's the vintage. It may have been a model 8238 based on an expired ad listing I found.

In my quest for that which was lost, I stumbled upon the thread below from a couple years ago. The rod that @reelsmith posted photos of is pert near a dead-ringer for my long lost rod, save for the markings on the blank:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67422

I've casually looked over the years but have only recently gotten serious about tracking one of these rods down. I've already acquired a Cortland Crown reel identical to the one that was paired with my old rod, but to put this whole thing to rest I must find the rod in my lifetime. I got saved search terms on EBay, and scan the depths of the internet frequently, hoping something will rear its head. I thought perhaps the single best place to enlist some help would be from the likes of you all, so that's why I'm here.

Hopefully something fruitful will come of this. Thanks in advance.

Post 23 Nov 2021, 17:44 • #2 
Guide
I will be following this. I read your original post and hoping that you find the same rod, but would be completely amazing if found "the" rod.
Good luck!

Post 23 Nov 2021, 17:46 • #3 
Thanks. If I found THE rod, it would be the stuff of legends. I'm really just hoping to find a replacement.

Post 23 Nov 2021, 17:51 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
It is always possible Dean still owns that rod, and also possible he may be willing to sell. Worth a shot, if that is nostalgic enough of course.

Oh, and a warm welcome!

Post 23 Nov 2021, 18:14 • #5 
Thank you, and I thought about that except to be truly fulfilling, the rod must be the Eddie Bauer branded stick. If not, a part of me would always be left wanting.

New Topic Add Reply