It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:07

New Topic Add Reply
Post 14 Aug 2021, 14:17 • #1 
I am someone who wants to learn about fly fishing. I have always been drawn to it but haven't had the time to dedicate to it that I expect to have soon.

I also came across two older fly rods that I am told by someone who is an avid fly fisherman may have some value to people who collect to desire vintage-looking rods. Wondering if anyone can give me feedback on how to get information on these rods and if they have any value.

Thank you!

Post 14 Aug 2021, 15:39 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Hey, where you at? when asking questions on fishing it always helps us give meaningful answers if we have an idea of what kind of water and fish you have.
On the vintage rods, lots of knowledge on the board and a search by brand and model number will likely turn up several past discussions of similar stuff.but, if want specific answers, you need pictures of the items, show reel seat, grip, any writing, the joint (ferrules. spigot, sleeve etc) all the sections lying side by side with lower ends even, details of windings etc.; in other words set up the pictures as though for an auction. Posting the pics- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2353

Post 14 Aug 2021, 15:56 • #3 
Guide
Give up golf. You will have more time. Remember, there is nothing more beautiful than a golf course gone fallow.

Post 19 Aug 2021, 14:39 • #4 
I am not sure I did this right. Here are some images of what I am told if a fiberglass fly rod. Trying to find out if it would be of any value to people into this kind of rod.

Thank you!

Post 22 Aug 2021, 15:29 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
No pictures on this end. Looking forward to seeing what you have.

Post 23 Aug 2021, 08:00 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
pmagas wrote:
Give up golf. You will have more time. Remember, there is nothing more beautiful than a golf course gone fallow.

Yea , sure. Until it turns into a subdivision.

New Topic Add Reply