It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:11

New Topic Add Reply
Post 20 Jul 2021, 17:15 • #1 
Sport

Just received this old Fenwick FF80 so I put a 1495 Medalist on it and took it in the back yard for some pics. This old boy has a B serial number which dates it to 1961-1962. I believe a few of the wraps are more recent but whoever did them did a nice job. It came with a pumpkin colored sock that looks original and an aluminum tube with nothing on it that looks a little long for the rod.

This rod is so much softer than my newer Fenwicks and I'll bet a 12" rainbow will put a nice bend on it. It came with a STET on the top piece, no doubt having spent a long time leaned against a wall. You can see the STET in the pic on the brick patio. For $75 plus shipping I think it's still a nice piece and I'll be taking it to my favorite small lake soon for Cutts, Bows and Brookies.

Anyone else have one of this era?

Tony

Post 20 Jul 2021, 18:05 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
That is a beauty! Nice price and find. Did you find that off the auction site, or from another source?

I have an FF90 with a C serial number. 62/63
Its the rod on the far right. The other two rods are an FF84 and an FF79 and they are both D serial number rods 63/64.

Post 20 Jul 2021, 18:37 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Those are not the original guides on it, at least I have never seen Fenwick with those.

Should be a dang nice rod on the water. Not sure what a STET is, but a little set isn't gonna hurt anything.

Post 20 Jul 2021, 23:43 • #4 
Sport
Haha, should be SET and those sure don't look like factory Fenwick guides. Looking forward to trying it out on the water.

I got the rod off of Etsy.

New Topic Add Reply