It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:46

New Topic Add Reply
Post 21 Feb 2021, 22:09 • #1 
Found out that one of my fellow club members has a Fisher 8' 6wt fiberglass blank that he's interested in selling to me. I unfortunately don't know much about their fiberglass rods but might be willing to purchase it from him if the price is right. Would anyone suggest a fair price for this and is it worth the build? I currently have two Steffen's, an Epic 8' 6" fiberglass, and a 7' 5" Fenwick fiberglass. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

T.

Post 21 Feb 2021, 22:24 • #2 
Guide
Fisher glass is phenomenal, comparable to the best.

Having two Steffen's you already own two premium rods. You did not mention what length and line weight these rods are , or what the length and line weight the other Epic and Fenwick are either.

I suspect that your current quiver will have some overlap, and you already have a 6wt? Do you need a 6wt, or are you looking for a different 6wt? That will be up to you. In glass, there are a lot of top notch 6wt rods, you could call this the sweet spot of the material when fisher was selling glass.

On eBay, oldschool247 has sold a lot of fisher fiberglass blanks in the $120 to $140 range with $13 shipping.

Post 21 Feb 2021, 23:34 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Use the search function here and you will find all you need to know about Fisher 'glass. Few 'glass rods of any era match the typical Fisher progressive action, crisp feel, and excellent damping ("recovery"). The 8' 6 weight is about the epitome of that Fisher feel. The seller referred to gets top dollar, and worth it, because of his experience and knowledge of Fisher blanks. A fair price from a private sale would be somewhat less.

New Topic Add Reply