It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:33

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Re: Any regrets?
Post 13 Dec 2020, 16:08 • #26 
Master Guide
It sounds like maybe your newer to glass and maybe most of those rods in the corner are graphite?

I personally never owned all that many graphite rods and have broken more than I've sold..I keep the few I have for sentimental reasons or because they can do something my glass can't. Pretty much never use them anymore though. Way prefer glass and bamboo and wouldn't miss them if they were gone.

Post 05 Jan 2021, 15:10 • #27 
Glass Fanatic
When I started here and started fly fishing, I started down the path of rod and reel "Collecting" then the rod and reel "Re-finishing". I realized after I had spent a lot of time and some $$ that I was not a collector and not a tech and I just wanted vintage gear to fish. So I have been turning loose of some of the excess and I do not regret it...I have only sold one rod that I fished...the rest have been from the, "Well that is a hard to find rod" or "I could fix or have that fixed" piles and I do not regret them leaving...I regret having bought them with such wild abandon... :lol

Post 06 Jan 2021, 02:15 • #28 
Master Guide
For a long time I had only one rod and it worked fine for trout and warm-water fish. I don't reckon that I had any less fun in those days than I have now with a larger (too large) collection of rods and reels. The kids live in the desert; I give away some rods for our Black hills Flyfishers Auction.

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply