It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 03:43

New Topic Add Reply
Value of a few old rods?
Post 01 Jun 2020, 08:12 • #1 
I've accumulated a few fiberglass flyrods, that I just don't have the time to fish.
Sorry, I like bamboo. lol
I have no interest what so ever in selling the rods on Ebay, so I'm looking for a realistic price that the rods would actually sell for.

#1 is a Phillipson Royal, RF60C, 1 7/8ozs, for an HDH-HDG line(#6), original gold tube, and rod sock.
Has a guys name etched into the reel seat, and the tube, otherwise it's mint.

#2 is a Phillipson Powr-Kast, T76 for an HDH line, 3 3/4oz. no tube or bag, fished but not abused, nice rod.

#3 is a Heddon Mark IV, 7' dry fly action, 6 wt, no tube or bag, rod is in very nice condition, don't know if it was ever fished.

I can get pics later today, but for now, just consider them all as a rod that you would not be embarrassed to fish, they are very nice.
So, what are your thoughts on value.

Thanks
Jim

Post 01 Jun 2020, 16:56 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
I'll give you $100 for the lot :hat

Phillipsons have dropped in value in recent years, but the RF60C is still the special rod in your list. Ebay Buy it now would put it way up there, but I would say $200-$250 is a good range. Check the sold prices on Ebay and drop them a bit.

The other two are great rods, but with less demand. Probably under $100 each unless you got the right buyer. Maybe significantly under, especially without bag and tube. I am not up on my heddon's in that era, but the 7' might be some gem I'm unaware of.

Post 02 Jun 2020, 07:01 • #3 
Piscator
Never handled the later MkIV, but the older 7' Heddon T tapers are pretty neat rods, with the classic superprogressive dry fly taper - short soft tip, fast mid, and stiff butt.

New Topic Add Reply