It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 04:08

New Topic Add Reply
Post 22 May 2020, 08:22 • #1 
Anyone know anything about these blanks? From my research I can’t find any info on woodstreams that were a yellow blank. Certainly a home build and really well done. Doesn’t look used. Got it for 50 bucks and just looking for info. Came with a nice sock and aluminum tube.

Also been reading the forums forever. Finally joined. Fish 90% fiberglass. Amassing a nice little collection of modern and vintage.

Thanks guys!

Post 22 May 2020, 10:41 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Yellow blank with a sleeve ferrule ? Pretty sure these were sold for a while into the Woodstream ownership. Start here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37987&start=25&hilit=yellow+fenwick+catalog

Post 22 May 2020, 16:06 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
The yellow blanks were specifically designed to be sold as blanks (they later changed back to brown blanks with "Blank" silkscreened on the rod). These were one piece that were either cut and ferruled at fenwick or by the builder. The Yellow blanks were a bit softer and have a strong following here on the forum. You got a good deal, but the custom rods don't sell for as much as the factory rods, even when they are better finished and better casting rods.

So basically this is similar to the FF-755, (90" 5wt) but softer.

Post 22 May 2020, 21:36 • #4 
Yeah I’ve just never found anything on woodstream yellow blanks. I thought they had gone back to brown by that era. Fished it for the first time today. Really fun classic glass rod.

Post 24 May 2020, 18:59 • #5 
Inactive
As an avid Fenwick Fan that owned woodstream versions, FL versions, FF etc at one time or another.

I really like the FF series but my favorite was the Yellow or Brown FL's.

I had them all at one time.

Its a keeper man. Any of the 7wts and under. All lovely rods IMO. The 5's being the best line weight of the bunch but the FL72-6 really shined IMO as a brookie rod.

Anyways. IMO.
Enjoy it!

New Topic Add Reply