It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 04:50

New Topic Add Reply
Wanigas
Post 03 May 2020, 12:16 • #1 
My name is Paul. I've been on a mission for the past year, ya 2019, to find out if two glass rods I have are Wanigas made by Art Newmann.

March of 2019 my best buddy died and his family had asked me to go through his gear and give them some idea of what was there.

I know this is a long shot. Been working on this for a year now. Any help, would be appreciated. My email: *** removed ***

Thanks

Re: Wanigas
Post 03 May 2020, 14:54 • #2 
Administrator
Welcome to the forum!

If you could post photos of the rods, that would help immensely. Please show photos of the reelseat and grip, as well as photos of any inscriptions or labels.

Wanigas rods were always low volume so few forum members have seen or handled them. If the rods are not clearly labeled the best we can guess will be "maybe".

For what it is worth, forum members can send you email simply by hitting the button in the lower left corner of your post. For your security and ours we do not post email addresses.

Tom

Post 03 May 2020, 16:37 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Welcome. While you work on posting pics, you can also use the search function (upper right). You may find pictures or descriptions that help i.d. the rods or at least narrow it down. Realize that the blank manufacturer is sometimes the best we can do in an i.d. Like most shop builders, he had his favorites but may have built on other makes. You could also have a rod by someone else with components sold by him. It would be helpful to know what makes you think they could be Wanigas/Neuman rods.

Honoring your friend by helping with his gear is a great thing to do. Even if one of the rods can be positively identified, it likely won't have high dollar value, but like good used rods and great friends, it will have high story/memory value. We all enjoy that.

Post 03 May 2020, 19:26 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
Carl Otto is owner of Wanigas Rod Company. Contact information here: http://wanigasrodcompany.com/About_Wanigas.html

He posts on The Classic Fly Rod Forum as carl otto (all lower case)

Do not post a question on the open forum about fiberglass anything, it will get locked fast.

Use the PM and I'm sure Carl can help. Good luck.

New Topic Add Reply