It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:35

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Post 18 May 2020, 20:52 • #26 
Glass Fanatic
This isn’t so much of a history but a series of essays of trout fishing in northern Wisconsin. The book is called “Looking Over The Bridge Railing.... edited by John Koch.

Post 22 May 2020, 16:44 • #27 
Trey Combs is already mentioned by SalterLee, but as his Steelhead Fishing and Flies was a great inspiration for me when I started tying flies for our sea run browns (we call them Sea Trout) in the early 80s, as well as inspiring the styling of my first rod builds (on Sage S-glass blanks), I would like to mention him again.
This book includes a chapter on the history of steelheading in the PNW and historical/local perspectives are frequent in the long chapter on flies and their use.
I have the second printing from 1978.

Highly recommended :)

Post 25 May 2020, 17:29 • #28 
Guide
I second on the earlier mention of Rangeley Maine ! There is just a ton of fly fishing history and folklore about the area , over centuries of it , lots of documentation and fiction , as earlier stated , Graydon & Leslie Hilyard have a few legendary books well worth reading , there is Louise Dickenson Rich with “We took to the Woods” , more recently some publishing’s by Robert Romano Jr , and also Lou Zambello , both informational and storied , just plenty of fun stuff to thumb through ...

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply