It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 07:27

New Topic Add Reply
Post 03 Jun 2019, 20:19 • #1 
Sport
Came across an old glass rod of unknown age. Small (about 1 inch ) oval-shape label says "TRU-FLEX, Charles Manufacturing Company, Detroit Mich, Centerville, Calif. Lable is cream color with reddish letters. Two-piece blank is brown, wraps are orange/brown, double locking downloading reel seat in gold and red/brown color, aluminum machined ferrule. No Line recommendation given. 7-1/2 feet in length. Probably looked decent when new, but someone refinished the wraps with varnish (?) and used a mop, not a brush.
Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Post 04 Jun 2021, 16:49 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
I have a four piece heading my way- I guess we will find out together more about these. Interestingly from the photos I'm seeing, it looks very Sila Flex-ish. I hoping the action is smooth and sweet.

Les

Post 04 Jun 2021, 18:28 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
A few years apart on the threads above,....this thread is worthless without pictures!!

Post 06 Jun 2021, 21:35 • #4 
Guide
I just thought I would add these photos as they may possibly help.
This is the only True Flex I have heard of but it sounds like there are a few more around of course.

I know nothing of the rod other than it comes in a Champion tube. Every thing else I know is what you see in the photos.
Richard

Post 07 Jun 2021, 00:52 • #5 
Administrator
That name is new to me. The reelseat and ferrule look like 50s era Featherweight made parts. Silaflex and California Tackle made use of Featherweight seats and ferrules, but they weren't the only ones.

Tom

New Topic Add Reply