It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:24

New Topic Add Reply
7', 5-Pc Parametric
Post 24 Jun 2005, 04:57 • #1 
Guide
I recently unearthed my 7' Berkeley Parametric in the 5-pc travel format, including the plastic "Buccaneer" case (even includes the paper liner with fly line). Seven foot rods aren't exactly my cup of tea (I bought it many years ago in to keep in the car, but I never did), so I'm thinking of unloading it.

Is this a fairly common, "ho-hum" rod, or should I start making plans for retirement? 8-)

Seriously, just want to get an idea of value before I list it on eBay .

TC

7', 5-Pc Parametric
Post 24 Jun 2005, 05:39 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Is this a fly only, or a spin/fly? I sold a spin/fly a while back ebay, me thinks it went for around 80 bucks. If it is fly only it is certainly worth more. THe case should not say Bucaneer on it. Does the rod say Para/metric on it? FYI, a 6'3" P/M went on eBay the other day pretty cheap, 60 bucks I think. Pics ? Do you want to trade for something?
Keith

7', 5-Pc Parametric
Post 24 Jun 2005, 06:40 • #3 
Guide
Thanks for the info.

This is a fly-only model. Your mention that this shouldn't be a Buccaneer pack got me looking -- the plastic (faux woodgrain) case only says "Berkeley Travel Pack" on the outside. The rod is definitely a Parametric (P5f-7 model #, and has the Parametric inscription and metal badge on the grip) but the paper card on the inside of the case does say Buccaneer on it, an the model number on that is "B57-F" which leads me to believe the rod and case -- though both in great shape -- are not original to each other. Bummer.

Still, the rod's in excellent shape, but I don't collect and a 7' rod isn't on my "keep" list. I'll have pics later today. I was mostly interested in posting a decent reserve for it on eBay -- I'll be selling it alongside an excellent-condition Fenwick FF756.

A trade would be considered, though I'm liking the longer Diamondglass rods which are probably not very available.

Thanks!
TC

7', 5-Pc Parametric
Post 25 Jun 2005, 15:25 • #4 
Guide
Hello TC, Please let me know when you post the FF756. Thank you. Paul

New Topic Add Reply