It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 08:20

New Topic Add Reply
Post 08 May 2006, 08:52 • #1 
Got a Phillipson epoxite 8'6" for a 7-8. Great looking fly rod. Was thinking of using it for a little top water bass bug'gin action. Any body have a line choice? Have been considering Cortlands new Sylk line,wf7.

Post 08 May 2006, 09:55 • #2 
FFR Founder
Good for you - sounds like a great rod. I would be interested in hearing how the Sylk performs for you. I use a Cortland Bass Taper Lazerline WF8F on my Heddon and have been very pleased with it. Any pics of the rod? Cheers, Alec

Post 08 May 2006, 14:13 • #3 
Thank's, when my camara comes back from repair i'll be sure to post a few pic's. Made by 3M, the rod is brown and minty with two tip's.

Post 08 May 2006, 15:54 • #4 
Sport
I think that those 3m Epoxites were so far ahead of their time that all they ever needed was modern line technology to become cannons that can outgun most carbon. I'd try the newest and slickest generation of 3m lines and hold onto my hat. That thing just might chuck a bug into the next county. Why make the loop bigger with a line that mimics silk when a honkin' wad of hair will be doing plenty of that all by itself. Ditto on the post pictures thing, i'd love to see it. Did you see those absolutely mint ones that some guy was ebaying a little while back. I was drooling but couldn't dig that deep at the time. It gets painful sometimes.

New Topic Add Reply