It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:43

New Topic Add Reply
Post 28 May 2023, 16:16 • #1 
Master Guide
Hello, I’m up in the eastern Sierra enjoying our record breaking snow pack. Been fishing Crowley Lake indicator fishing with my T&T Lotic 5 wt. it’s been oodles of fun with the fish. I’m getting rainbows, browns, cutthroats and Sacramento perch. Size 16 tiger, zebra, gray and blood midge patters are fooling the fish. Thank you for looking

Post 28 May 2023, 18:17 • #2 
Guide
Very nice! I know that country well. Among other places, I used to fish the Owens gorge below the dam. The fish were not large, but they were plentiful, browns almost exclusively, and the dry fly was all that was required. That tight little canyon was always full of wildlife too, so I spent quite a few happy days fishing there.

And compliments on your T&T. I bought that same rod for my wife. It has served her well, and I found it very pleasant to cast.

Did you stop at Tom's Place? My Dad and I could seldom pass through there without stopping for a meal and to enjoy some of the old photos on the walls.

Thanks for sharing...

Post 28 May 2023, 20:33 • #3 
Master Guide
JustJim, yes had lunch at Tom’s Place yesterday. They have a great swiss, green chile chicken sandwich. There’s a lot of history there I’ve never seen Rock Creek running so full.

Post 28 May 2023, 23:56 • #4 
Master Guide
Great looking fish and mountain scenery, Lanny. Can’t believe there’s so much snow left and we’re practically in June.

Post 29 May 2023, 14:12 • #5 
Master Guide
Good on you for fishing lakes - that’s the only option right now in the CA mountains.

New Topic Add Reply