It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:14

New Topic Add Reply
Post 22 Sep 2022, 22:37 • #1 
Sport
hi everyone, new member here in flagstaff,az.i love fishing for tiny trout. honestly i just enjoy looking at any wild trout and being in a place where they live. two summers ago, i got to fish one of my favorite tiny creeks in the sequoias for a morning while waiting for my cousin to arrive for a five day backpack to the upper kern river in california. i had fished this creek some years before and had fond memories of casting into the tangled roots of some of the world's tallest trees and pulling out beautiful native kern river rainbows. once again it didn't disappoint. the colors on these tiny fish were brilliant and the setting was magical. nobody home......perfect. my little powell sweet p with an old martin went well with this micro water. a few hours of zen bliss later i was on my way up the road to meet my cousin shane for a hike into shangri-la. many much larger fish were caught in the next week, but none were any more special than my little guys in the big trees. the next week this sequoia grove burned and the fires lasted almost a year. i haven't been back but i'm crossing my fingers that these resilient little fish are still there. long live wild trout!

Post 23 Sep 2022, 17:52 • #2 
Master Guide
Beautiful fish and my kind of gear! Welcome and keep posting the great pics.

Tim

Post 23 Sep 2022, 18:28 • #3 
Sport
What an experience, especially given the change in the landscape.

Post 23 Sep 2022, 19:17 • #4 
Master Guide
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Looks like the perfect setup to go after those wild trout in that scenic location.

New Topic Add Reply