It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:01

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Post 05 May 2022, 13:41 • #26 
Guide
fishhuntmike,

I have not only the daughter stated above but also a son aged 13 years. Until two years ago he was interested in fishing, but video games are now his priority. From my relationship with my father, I learned that imposing what I like on others only creates repulsion. If he became interested in fishing again, I would like to help him without thinking he is being forced...

Post 05 May 2022, 17:08 • #27 
Glass Fanatic
started my son on flyfishing, he wasted/spent some years on video games, but luckily he came back.. keep the faith ;-)

last year, pike on the fly,

Post 06 May 2022, 08:34 • #28 
Master Guide
Takeru,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful post. I wasn’t aware of Slow Loop. I will investigate the publishing background as best I can. (As some of you know, I am a literary agent in my professional life.) Most international editions do not make it into translation in other countries / languages. It is an expensive process to make new licensed editions of books, so it’s usually only the “big” successful books and popular genres that travel across borders.

Post 06 May 2022, 19:03 • #29 
Master Guide
Thats fantastic takeru! Good stuff Doug!

Yes wise advice on not "pushing" sports/hobbies on child but rather nurture their own interests!

Post 06 May 2022, 21:37 • #30 
Glass Fanatic
Please tell us Takeru ... who is the maker of that beautiful fishing net that your son is holding ?
Pecos

Post 07 May 2022, 08:32 • #31 
Guide
Pecos
pecosjuan wrote:
who is the maker of that beautiful fishing net that your son is holding ?

Unfortunately, I no longer know who made the net. It was made by a non-professional enthusiast. I bought it through a Yahoo auction.
I can't get in touch with him because he has already deleted his Yahoo account and no email from him remains in my PC. Sorry...

Takeru.

Post 07 May 2022, 19:15 • #32 
Sport
Hello again,
Thank you for leaving the link to the review of " Grave of the Fireflies ". I watched it with Auto Translate but, as you wrote, the accuracy of the translation was not very good. However, I still enjoyed the presenters attention to the detail and traditional themes in the movie.
" Grave of the Fireflies " is an animated movie but I am not ashamed to write that I wept when little Setsuke died and later when Seita passed away in the train station. Seeing them reunited at the end of the movie was a beautiful moment.
I wish your daughter well with her ballet and interest in fly fishing. I look forward to seeing more of your fly fishing outings.
Cheers,
Steve

PS I've sent an email to you--well, I hope I have as my new computer is having a few bugs in the mail department! If you would like to exchange emails that would be wonderful.
Cheers,
Steve

Post 07 May 2022, 23:07 • #33 
Administrator
Please note, anime and other movie/TV/video reviews are off topic on FFR (spoilers are especially off topic).

Please, let's keep the discussion to fishing.

Tom

Post 07 May 2022, 23:42 • #34 
Guide
Tom,

Thank you for the important point.

Takeru

Post 08 May 2022, 12:51 • #35 
Sport
when my daughter was 11 i started her out fishing with a Tenkara rod and a Caddis dry fly,she had some good luck ,then went to a fly rod, she also was a Jazz and Lyerical dancer in Hi school, she graduates College next week,i had Matt Leiderman build her a Sakura rod from a Tomo Ijuin blank,being from MT there is fishing everywhere,good luck with your daughters fly fishing. Sakura means Cherry Blossom so the blank is Pink 7'6" 4wt glass.

Post 08 May 2022, 18:05 • #36 
Sport
Tom,
Apologies for the off topic discussion.
Cheers,
Steve

Post 08 May 2022, 18:25 • #37 
Guide
My children and I have enjoyed studio Ghilbi films for years. They have a sensitive and sophisticated take on many aspects of childhood and life that is still accessible to kids.

Takeru,

I have found the same repulsive/attractive reaction to pressure to do things with my son. Mostly we have worked it out. He is starting to enjoy fishing again after 3 years attached to devices.

R.A.

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply