It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 03:44

New Topic Add Reply
2021 Texas Glassic
Post 11 Oct 2021, 18:40 • #1 
Sport
I want to thank Larry for organizing this even in Gerogetown this year. Seven of us camped at Cedar Breaks Park on Lake Georgetown; Larry, Jerry, Les, Jeff, Carl, David, and myself.

The view from the campground.

Everyone trickled in throughout the evening and got each campsite's set up. After dinner we settled in and began swapping stories and planning where everyone was planning on fishing.

The next morning after breakfast we broke into three groups. Jerry and Larry were heading to Brushy Creek; Carl, Jeff, and Les went.........South San Gabriel?, and Dave & I went to Blue Hole Park on the South San Gabriel. It's a pretty park, but could tell it gets fuished hard being close to downtown Georgetown.

Dave and I scratched out a few feisty Green Fish.

After a couple hours we packed up and headed to Brushy Creek where Jerry and Larry had gone that morning. WE waded down stream and picked up some small bass and more sunfish.

We encountered a large school of 5 to 6 inch catfish; couldn't get them to hit anything.

After we fished that portion of Brushy Creek, Les had sent a group message to us saying where they had fished this morning he had caught about 20 Rios and some small bass.

After Brushy Dave and I hit one more spot on the South San Gabriel where we caught a few more sunfish and small bass.

Thank evening we fired up some steaks Dave had brought down along with mashed potatoes and salad where we all got to feast for our last evening together.

Of course it wouldn't be a Texas evening without an armadillo visiting and me snapping a blurry photo.

The next morning was spent casting various rods and everyone brought; especially Larry and Les' collections. Larry brought about 1,000 rods and I found out I can not cast parabolic rods; I just can't slow down enough.

After the casting session and a quick breakfast the group started to break down camp.

I had a blast at my first Glassic, and although I didn't catch a ton of fish it was an absolute great weekend. Thanks for the invite guys.

Re: 2021 Texas Glassic
Post 12 Oct 2021, 01:04 • #2 
Guide
Really sorry I couldn't be there.

Post 12 Oct 2021, 05:04 • #3 
Sport
Sure looks like a great time. The lawn casting alone would make it all worthwhile but man those steaks look awesome!

Post 12 Oct 2021, 11:27 • #4 
Sport
Looks like a great time was had by all and those steaks looked great !!!!

Post 12 Oct 2021, 11:33 • #5 
Piscator
Great report, Josh.

Short arm movements and haul is everything with parabolic rods.

I used to say my buddy Stevo was the best camp cook and ultimate camping utility device.
But Josh gives him a run for his money.

Post 18 Oct 2021, 17:25 • #6 
Sport
I wanna catch me some steaks like that...

New Topic Add Reply