It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:42

New Topic Add Reply
North Fork Poudre River
Post 26 Aug 2021, 22:56 • #1 
Master Guide
The Poudre is in bad shape since the heavy rains washed mud and lots of burned ash into the river about a month ago. I’m not seeing any fish below the burn area. I have been fishing the north fork most of the summer. Most places it’s 15’ wide but it has some areas about 5 ft wide where the willows from both banks can touch. Those narrows don’t get much pressure but they hold nice fish sometimes. The first one came out of a very narrow section the bigger bow was in a nice pool feeding on emergers. Both gave me a run for the money on 7x Tippett

Post 27 Aug 2021, 08:29 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
So sorry to hear that about the Poudre. Following the Hermosa Creek fire here, all the trout in the burn area in the Hermosa drainage were killed, along with 80% of the trout in the Animas. We are still recovering. Glad you found some nice water on the North Fork. Tough times.

Post 27 Aug 2021, 11:49 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Tough times out West. Glad you are still finding some spots to fish.

Post 27 Aug 2021, 12:16 • #4 
Guide
Sweet...I've only been on the main stretch a little past the Mish.....Glad to see there's still some places to fish.

Post 27 Aug 2021, 12:35 • #5 
Sport
It’s been a few years but I’ve had some pretty good days on the Poudre. These things have a way of straightening themselves out eventually over time. I’m glad there’s still some decent water. Good luck out there.

New Topic Add Reply