It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:25

New Topic Add Reply
New to the quiver
Post 14 Jun 2021, 14:44 • #1 
So I am new to fly fishing... I kept reading about the fiberglass revolution and wanted to understand. Today I received an Orvis Superfine Glass 476-3 and paired it with a 3" Hardy Duchess. It's a modern take on old classics. Cant wait to play tonight after work.
Post up your new additions - lets see them and your experiences.

Re: New to the quiver
Post 14 Jun 2021, 15:13 • #2 
Guide
Wow! Nice way to start your fly fishing career. I started with a cheap 5wt graphite rod and cheaper reel.
Best of luck with that nice pairing!

Post 15 Jun 2021, 09:46 • #3 
Master Guide
I got the Orvis Superfine Glass 8 wt about 10 days ago. I’ll order a reel and line for it the first week in July.

And Dusty is sending me the Western Glass 6 wt he just finished fir me. I already have a reel/line that will work on that.

Currently at a restaurant eating breakfast. Had thought to go wet a line after I finished but it’s pouring outside with occasional thunder and lightning, so I think I’ll desist on that. Florida has occasional incidents of lightning striking folk, and waving a fly rod around on a day like this seems like it might be an exercise in poor judgement, as much as I might want to.

Last edited by Del Gue on 15 Jun 2021, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.

Post 15 Jun 2021, 11:08 • #4 
Master Guide
This was my first try at new fiberglass rods. I was more than pleased and I bet you will be too! Fish it in good health!

Post 15 Jun 2021, 12:20 • #5 
This isn’t my 1st rod but I consider myself new to fly fishing at only 2 years. I wanted to experience glass in hope to better appreciate the fancy carbon rods I have.

Post 15 Jun 2021, 18:11 • #6 
Master Guide
Quote:
This isn’t my 1st rod but I consider myself new to fly fishing at only 2 years. I wanted to experience glass in hope to better appreciate the fancy carbon rods I have.

That plan might just backfire... ;)

New Topic Add Reply