New Topic Add Reply
Rio Grande
Post 06 Jun 2021, 14:18 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
Anyone fishing in the South Fork area.........Aurelio

Re: Rio Grande
Post 07 Jun 2021, 11:58 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
I tried...it is fast and full right now. We have a cabin about 35 miles upstream from South Fork, but it is on the way back to the house, so I like to try to fish down to Southfork on my way out at the end of the weekend.

It is in the height of run off and bank to bank full as of yesterday afternoon, I tired to get some casts on the edges in a couple of spots at the state wildlife areas and a couple of private property spots that I have permission on, but I didn't do anything but wet the line and loose a couple of flys to the willows. :)

Post 08 Jun 2021, 07:06 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
My friend went to Creed to pick up a bike and saw a lot of fishermen along the banks.Thanks for the info I will Waite a couple of weeks.......Aurelio

Post 12 Jun 2021, 22:20 • #4 
Guide
Still high and dirty as of this morning .

Post 13 Jun 2021, 09:56 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks, I will give it more time.Heading to southern Co.to do a drive by on the Conejos and fish a couple of feeder creeks of the Los Pinos on Monday.........Aurelio

Post 13 Jun 2021, 11:10 • #6 
Guide
The Conejos was a little high and fast but clean and fishable altho I still havent actually landed a fish in Colorado after 3 trips !

Post 14 Jun 2021, 14:35 • #7 
Glass Fanatic
I fished some above South Fork this past weekend, the flows are starting to come down a little. The Salmon Fly hatch is on and they were very active. Fished above Creede too and we saw more caddis activity but the water is still high. Lots of boats and rafts fishing between Creede and South Fork. another week and it should really be good conditions and bugs.

Post 14 Jun 2021, 20:52 • #8 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks for the info.Drove past the Conejos and headed up the big hill on 17 to fish one of the feeder creeks of the Los Pinos.The stream had plenty of water and a lot of different bugs coming off.Caught some nice brookies and a couple of browns on a elk hair caddis.......Aurelio

New Topic Add Reply