It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:08

New Topic Add Reply
Odds and ends
Post 21 Jul 2020, 21:35 • #1 
Master Guide
2020's been a year of exploration with a little fishing sprinkled in here and there. Crossing remote spots I've been meaning to fish for years off the list, picking wild strawberries, blueberries, huckleberries, and raspberries, and of course a few brookies to boot.

Oh, and a little psa for why its a good idea to pick up old line tangled in the brush if it's within your reach. I was trekking up a little freestone creek one day, sadly finding garbage where none should be as is happening more often lately it seems, when I come across the third or fourth entanglement of fishing line in the brush in about a quarter mile of stream, well with reach of the angler who tore it off, but I digress. I go to remove it and the end of the line is "darting" in the current. I follow it and find a 6 inch brookie dangling from a hook, I unhooked him and he darted away. Maybe he made it maybe he didn't, guess it depends how long he was there.

Re: Odds and ends
Post 21 Jul 2020, 21:55 • #2 
Master Guide
Beautiful!

Post 21 Jul 2020, 22:17 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
Enchanting ! Tasty looking berries, too.

I too hate seeing old line littering pristine spaces, and if I have an extra Ziploc baggy will pack out as much of it as I can.

Post 22 Jul 2020, 07:58 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
Fantastic! That's my kind of country: red water, berries, and brook trout. Well done!

Post 22 Jul 2020, 09:01 • #5 
Sport
Nice looking brookie. What part of Northern Wisconsin are you located?

Post 22 Jul 2020, 11:32 • #6 
Guide
Very Nice!!

Post 22 Jul 2020, 15:23 • #7 
Sport
Great post... thanks for sharing!

Post 22 Jul 2020, 18:19 • #8 
Glass Fanatic
Beautiful water and fish!

Post 22 Jul 2020, 19:22 • #9 
Glass Fanatic
Beautiful. I'll give Char Hunter an out in respect of privacy/security and say he is located east of Superior, west of Ironwood, south of Lake Superior, pretty far from Madison, and near a brook, a stream, a river, a pond, and a lake. Just a reminder, personal details/inquiries, if exchanged at all, are often best via PM. I lived in Ashland, but that was 40 years ago so I'll mention it. Picked a lot of blueberries around there. Char Hunter may want to be more specific, but he may not.

Post 22 Jul 2020, 22:48 • #10 
Master Guide
whrlpool wrote:
Beautiful. I'll give Char Hunter an out in respect of privacy/security and say he is located east of Superior, west of Ironwood, south of Lake Superior, pretty far from Madison, and near a brook, a stream, a river, a pond, and a lake. Just a reminder, personal details/inquiries, if exchanged at all, are often best via PM. I lived in Ashland, but that was 40 years ago so I'll mention it. Picked a lot of blueberries around there. Char Hunter may want to be more specific, but he may not.

:like

Post 23 Jul 2020, 09:50 • #11 
Guide
Awesome! My first ever brookie, largemouth, and bluegill were all caught on the fly in northern Wisconsin.

New Topic Add Reply