It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:04

New Topic Add Reply
Idaho
Post 11 Jul 2020, 19:01 • #1 
Glass Fanatic
I will be in Lowell around Aug 21st and need info on small streams thanks Aurelio

Re: Idaho
Post 13 Jul 2020, 22:43 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
I’ve only fished on the Lochsa and Selway near Lowell. Both of those are pretty large rivers and difficult to wade. The minor tribs were not productive in July. The Lochsa Lodge is a cool place to stay. The river gets smaller and easier to wade above there, but the fishing was not great.

We caught some fish where Race Creek joins the Selway, but Race Creek only had a few tiny fish. I think we caught some fish around Selway Falls Campground in the smaller creek, too.

Going farther north to the North Fork of the Clearwater and Kelly Creek area would be better fishing. There are some decent cottages for rent in Pierce. Not anywhere good to eat since the Wink and Smile diner closed.

Clearwater:

Post 14 Jul 2020, 08:05 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
We will be staying with friends who’s property is near were the Lochsa enters the Selway.Thanks for the info on Kelly creek........Aurelio

Post 14 Jul 2020, 12:44 • #4 
Glass Fanatic
You might try going to the bridge above Selway Falls campground and hiking upstream where there is no road. I wanted to try that, but my fishing partner had some mobility limitations.

Post 14 Jul 2020, 13:32 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
I will try it.......Thanks Aurelio

Post 22 Aug 2020, 20:11 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Got to fish O Hara creek today which is a trib of the Selway and was non stop on dries but the fish were small and picked up one 16 inch cut out of a deeper pool.Great easy pocket water to wade.supposed to be catch and release but I guess people are taking the big ones out.Will try near the falls on the Selway next or Cannon creek a trib of the Lochsa next.......Aurelio

Post 22 Aug 2020, 23:42 • #7 
Master Guide
Some very nice hot springs up the road from you.

Post 24 Aug 2020, 00:24 • #8 
Glass Fanatic
Hit another trib on the left before the road ends had a bigger fly on to keep the dinks off caught about 12 in the 6 to ten inch range and one more 16 inch cutt.I took the Barkley GP on the Selway and with my lack of big water skills I missed a lot of fish that were below a rifle they were liking a red Amy's Aunt.......Aurelio

New Topic Add Reply