It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 07:28

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Re: Practice rods
Post 18 Jan 2020, 14:35 • #26 
Master Guide
bulldog1935 wrote:
and all this time clarkman and I thought we were arguing

I was trying to head off that tired, old "which fights harder/jumps more: cat or dog?" argument before it got started in earnest...

Post 20 Jan 2020, 10:48 • #27 
Sport
After I retired from my career of 37 years, I started to get bored after a month. Cabela's was scheduled to open their first store in Ohio a few months later so I decided to apply for a job in the Fly Shop. (Fly fishing was actually in Cabela's dna as the first sporting goods that the brothers ever sold were flies.) I got the job even though I had zero experience in retail. It was fun for a while, but became much less so after Bass Pro took over. We had an ECHO MPR behind the counter and we were able to teach people to cast in the store with the thing. We were able to sell folks beginner "combos" based on their knowing that the basics of casting a fly rod wasn't actually that difficult.

Since the only critters allowed in the store were either dead (and stuffed) or assistance dogs (that you're not supposed to play with), I can't offer an opinion on if dogs or cats put up a better fight.

Post 20 Jan 2020, 15:03 • #28 
Glass Fanatic
OhioFlyGuy wrote:
Cabela's was scheduled to open their first store in Ohio a few months later so I decided to apply for a job in the Fly Shop. (Fly fishing was actually in Cabela's dna as the first sporting goods that the brothers ever sold were flies.)

I bought some of those flies. If you sent a stamp they would send you three, as I recall.

Post 28 Nov 2022, 08:06 • #29 
Glass Fanatic
Post 10 was missing the picture

Link - https://royalwulff.com/products/fly-o-practice-caster

1980's vintage

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply