It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:27

Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next New Topic Add Reply
Post 21 Jan 2021, 23:13 • #951 
Master Guide
Welcome Sam!

Post 22 Jan 2021, 11:06 • #952 
Master Guide
Eastern Virginian. Have fished from Alaska to the Chesapeake Bay but primarily fish ponds close to home and trout in the Shenandoah National Park and Allegheny Mountains.

Post 24 Jan 2021, 13:16 • #953 
Southern New England here , lucky enough to have had some great fishing opportunities from Cape Cod , Rhode Island , New Hampshire , and Maine has kid growing up.

I consider my home waters to the Farmington , Big white Stetson cowboy hat , and usually a glass switch rod in my hands..

Now I'm a road warrior and have the greatest opportunity to fish the most of the nation with work related travel , the San Juan, the Snake, and the Grand Ronde have been the best highlights over the last 10 years.

Pre Covid ( I have been locked at home since march 2020 ) I was getting very intrigued with the Shad runs Maryland and DC and have been gearing up and hopes , my area for shad in Massachusetts you kinda need an armed guard to stand watch over you vehicle.. sad but true.

I have a rather large collection of Glass, Bamboo and Graphite rods and even a larger issue with reels. When someone ask whats your favorite rod? I really cant make a single decision , it really depends.

I am haunted by the rivers

Post 29 Jan 2021, 00:17 • #954 
Guide
I'm from Tauranga New Zealand, and spend my time fly fishing around 300 days a year on the harbour flats wading for yellowtail kingfish, kahawai, and other saltwater species. Occasionally, I get offshore to fly fish for makos and skipjack tuna. I also fish for rainbows and browns both locally, and in streams and lakes in the Waikato, Rotorua and Taupo regions. I have a lot of fly rods (I am not married), mainly glass (both vintage and modern), some carbons and a few bamboos. I am always keen to help a fellow fly fisher, Was a fly fishing guide for 14 years and a Fish & Game Officer for 20 years. Presently battling breast cancer (chemotherapy today), My survival chances are looking good, and I am fishing for rainbows with my Fenwick 330-3 tomorrow. Cheers

Post 02 Feb 2021, 11:12 • #955 
Master Guide
One day I will travel to fish New Zealand. I have heard the fishing is nothing short of spectacular. And I hear the NZ snow skiing is awesome, too. My two favorite hobbies.

Post 02 Feb 2021, 15:38 • #956 
I am in Roseburg Oregon.
Home water is the Umpqua River from the head waters to the mouth
From here I am no more than an hour away from The Costal lakes and rivers or the high Cascade rivers, small streams and alpine lakes.
I do travel to Idaho 3 or 4 times a year to fish the St Joe, Lochsa, Selway, Kelly Creek and the upper middle fork of the Clearwater

Post 04 Feb 2021, 10:09 • #957 
Master Guide
David L, Lucky you. I’ve never fished in Oregon but I’ve skied there a few times. Beautiful state to this Dallas flatlander.

Post 08 Feb 2021, 14:34 • #958 
Sport
From Davenport Iowa originally , but now I live and fish in the Brittany region of France.

Post 10 Feb 2021, 17:52 • #959 
I'm kilocharlie, from So Cal. I have taken (and mostly released) over 100,000 trout from the Ventura and Kern Rivers, Sespe, Piru, Agua Blanca, Davy Brown, and Santa Paula creeks in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties since I was quite young. I've bass fished Lakes Lopez, Cachuma, Casitas, Piru, Castaic, Pyramid, and Isabella. Have also fly fished many of the Western and Eastern Sierra streams and lakes, Central California's farm ponds, and done plenty of surf fishing.
In more recent years, I fish for steelhead up in Washington and Oregon, and LOVE fighting tuna on the cattle boats and private launches. My favorite local trips are the 3-day runs to the Cortez and Tanner Banks. I'm gearing up for long range as well.
I've also fished Kodiak, Alaska, the Dean River system in Canada, and in Australia's East coast many years ago.
I build custom rods from bamboo, glass, and graphite, carve custom wooden lures, tie flies for fresh and salt water. I've built several kayaks and canoes.

Post 17 Feb 2021, 14:42 • #960 
I live in Albany, Oregon and have lived here for 7 years and have fished one day (1-day license) in the Alsea river for salmon. This is the first year buying a license (resident). I want to try my hand at steelhead.

Post 22 Feb 2021, 17:29 • #961 
Hello. Just joined. Live near Fairhope, AL where I do a little fly fishing for pan fish and a lot of spin fishing for spotted sea trout and red drum. I get my trout fix mostly in North Carolina and have been fortunate enough to do some western fishing and some tropical salt water. Just bought my first fiberglass rod (TFO Finesse 3/4 wt) based on discussions here, availability, and price.

Post 12 Apr 2021, 04:16 • #962 
Drammen, Norway. Fishing exclusively for brown trout, mainly in southern part of Norway and a lot close to home. After I started fishing with glass (Late 90's Scott F703/3) it gave the local lakes a new dimension since it now was fun to fish for any size with featherweight glass. Do occassional trips during the year for bigger fish and bigger scenery to the more famous rivers (Hemsila, Hardangervidda/Lågen, Tisleia aso) in Norway, but its the fishing close to home and to our cabin in the mountain I put highest =)

Post 12 Apr 2021, 10:50 • #963 
Redondo Beach, CA
My favorite local stream is the East Fork San Gabriel R. Down the street is Santa Monica Bay where I prospect from the beach or sight fish for Corbina. I have a small wooden skiff that I can row a ways to maybe find some Bonito or go to the kelp and fish for Calicos.

Post 23 Apr 2021, 09:46 • #964 
I am from Northern Arizona and I learned to fly fish on a local stream. My first stream rod was a Steffen Brothers 3 pc, 8' 2-3 wgt. Arizona Series (graphite). Ten years later, I picked up an Orvis Superfine 7' 4wght. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my first glass rod. Over the years, I have been fortunate to fish creeks in Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, California, and Western North Carolina.

Post 11 May 2021, 16:18 • #965 
Originally from Connecticut. Have resided in a suburb of Dallas, Tx since 79. Retired. Heading to Maine on 5/18.Do you want to touch base? Send a PM Don

Post 15 May 2021, 21:42 • #966 
Guide
I fish in a salt marsh..

Post 02 Jun 2021, 09:51 • #967 
New member here. I'm from the Houston area. Fish the Texas lakes and rivers and made a few trips to Colorado and Missouri to fish.
Thanks for letting me join y'all. Looking forward to sharing with like minded fishermen.

Owen Huckabay/Huckster88
'72 Garcia Conolon 8.5' 9wt
'66 Shakespeare Prof 8.5' 8wt
'67 Shakespeare President 8.5' 8wt
'14 Orvis Clearwater 8.5' 5wt
'19 Whitewater BPS 8.5' 6wt

Post 03 Jun 2021, 18:33 • #968 
Master Guide
Welcome to the forum! I’m sure we can help you acquire more glass rods, :lol :lol

Post 10 Jun 2021, 09:57 • #969 
Western Colorado for past 25 years,,, i fish the Colorado , Roaring Fork and Fryingpan rivers as much as time allows .. i really enjoy my vintage fenwick rods ,

Post 11 Jun 2021, 12:30 • #970 
Northern Virginia here. I fish small mountain streams for native brookies.
I’m currently rediscovering my old 6’3” Parametric. Perfect short rod for these streams.

Post 21 Jun 2021, 19:53 • #971 
Guide
I live in the Northeast kingdom of Vermont. Love to fish for landlocks on a local river . I love fishing brooks for natives also the Upper CT river when everything else warms up. So many beautiful places to fish within my backyard or an hour drive .

Post 05 Aug 2021, 12:55 • #972 
Sport
I was born in Ellensburg Washington, learned to fish there. Moved from there when I was 10 to Lebanon Oregon. Finished high school there and then all over the country.
Most of my fishing has been in Oregon, N-S Santiam rivers, Deschutes, and one of my favorites, the Metolious.
There are also a lot of small streams with some very fun ultra light trout fishing available in the general area.

Post 09 Aug 2021, 16:57 • #973 
Sport
Fish mostly in CA but I've made occasional forays to Henry's Fork In ID, the Madison and its tributaries in MT, the Owyhee in S OR and a number of trips to the Kupa River in Croatia. But mosty here in Cally, the American, the Upper Sac, the McCloud, the Toualumne, the Merced downstream from Yosemite and the Middle fork of the Stanislaus. I especially like the small mountain lakes in the Bishop Creek drainage of the Eastern Sierra - they're filled with browns, rainbows, brookies and goldens. And they're always hungry.

Post 30 Sep 2021, 10:50 • #974 
Houston, TX. Started fly fishing last year, primarily have fished the San Jacinto river drainage, several of the stream and rivers in Central Texas, and Galveston Bay. Going to be honest, I think my favorite so far is wet wading the small streams with my boys and hammering sunfish on the 3wt.

Post 02 Nov 2021, 07:46 • #975 

Hello guys and gals! My name is Herman. I live and fish in Sweden, mostly from the coast north of Stockholm (Roslagen) and on Gotland (a large island in the Baltic).

One of my outfits, a South Bend #7 glass rod paired with a Medalist. The tin can once held excellent pipe tobacco but is now converted to a fly box.

Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next New Topic Add Reply