It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:16

Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next New Topic Add Reply
Post 11 Jul 2018, 07:44 • #851 
Glass Fanatic
Nice!

Post 18 Jul 2018, 12:14 • #852 
Guide
I live in boring Bozeman, Montana :) . I fish the Gallatin River or the Lower Madison any weekday for a few hours or make day trips to the Upper Madison, the Yellowstone, or into Yellowstone National Park (never on weekends) 8).

Post 25 Jul 2018, 20:51 • #853 
Sport
I’m from south central Illinois. I do most of my fishing in lakes and ponds (love chasing large bluegills). I make about 3 to 4 trips a year into Missouri to do some trout fishing at Bennett Spring State Park and Montauk state park.

Post 25 Jul 2018, 21:17 • #854 
I'm from central NJ! I fish the canal along the raritan and the raritan river primarily. New to the glass rod scene.

Post 28 Jul 2018, 17:52 • #855 
I'm near Richmond, VA. Fish the James River , a lot of swamps and farm ponds . I occasionally get to Shenandoah National Park and hope to hit our Eastern Shore soon .

Post 02 Sep 2018, 19:46 • #856 
Master Guide
I live in Philadelphia, mostly fish PA for Trout

Post 22 Sep 2018, 10:09 • #857 
Western Adirondacks about an hour east of Pulaski. Just getting started but would like to try some steelhead fishing after the salmon run.

Post 22 Sep 2018, 14:30 • #858 
Guide
I live in Atlanta and have a house in West Yellowstone near Lake Hebgen. I spend as much time as i can in West Yellowstone in the summer and usually a week or two in Oct. I mostly fish Lake Hebgen, Madison, YNP (Madison, Firehole, Gibbon), and Henry' Fork, more or less in that order. I fish some in Ga and NC, mostly the Chattahoochee tailwater in Atlanta, Chattooga in Ga and NC, and Nantahala in NC.

New to glass after about 20 years mostly fishing with graphite fast or med fast rods. Recently accquired FF79 and two Medalists. First time out i hooked a 20" fish with the combo; fish outsmarted fisher 10' from net. I have caught some nice fish on the Madison and Lamar with the new rod. Still learning -- which was the main point in getting the rod in the first place.

Post 28 Sep 2018, 20:15 • #859 
Sport
I live in Western Massachusetts and fish primarily in the Swift river and a few smaller brooks for native brook trout. I just acquired a Fenwick FF 705 which was my dream rod when I was a child. But could never afford one. The cosmic tumblers in the flyfishing world clicked open for me a few weeks ago when a friend who doesn’t fish gave me the rod that was in his fathers basement since 1971-1973, as the K on the serial number reflects. So I now have my childhood dream fly rod, 40 some years later. Better late than never I guess...

Post 01 Oct 2018, 23:40 • #860 
I'm in Albuquerque, NM and I fish all over northern New Mexico and southern Colorado. Of course NM is famous for the San Juan River and the huge trout there. Last October on the SJ, I caught a 23" Rainbow in a size 26 nymph, and lost a lot more because the tiny flies hooks straightened out while playing the fish. We have numerous streams in the northern part of the state with an abundance of trout. Depending on the altitude of where you fish, you can catch Browns, Brookies, Cutthroat, and Rainbow trout. There is even trout fishing in the southern NM. East of I-25 there are some mountains that top out at over 9000 feet, and then on the southwestern side of the state we have the Gila mountains that are full of fish, but the streams are a little harder to get to.

I think my favorite river in NM is the Rio del Pueblo. It is a great dry fly river and no matter what kind of fly you throw in, something will eat it! Its also one of the few rivers in NM to fish where you have to keep your eyes open for bears. And, there is a hot spring way upstream where you can frequently find more "Bares."

When it is kind of off here in NM, it is only 185 miles from my house in west Albuquerque, to the Conejos River in south central Colorado. Fish are a bit bigger there too! And I especially love the Dolores River, below Joe McPhee Reservoir in SW Colorado. They got some giant Snake River Cutthroats in there too! I fished there the first time in 1987 and got what the guide called a hat trick. I caught a Brown, a Cutthroat, and a Rainbow in that order, all on dry flies.

When I lived in California, I fished the San Juan in NM so much that I did programs on it for fly clubs and at mini-Conclaves. At one club where I did a San Juan program there was a woman who said she was for Trout Mecca, read Montana. After the San Juan program she came over and asked me to put her in touch with some of the guiding services on the SJ.

I retired last year and am getting in lots of flyfishing. I just turned 72 and wonder why I waited so long to retire? When I turned 70, my doctor told me 70 is the new 50. I sure hope he was right because I'm not finished with my fishing yet! If you're coming my way, let me know and I'll try to put you into some fish!

Tight Lines, Singing Reels, and Empty Creels to all!

Post 10 Oct 2018, 11:18 • #861 
From Springfield, MO. Fishing southern MO and northern ARK streams

Post 10 Oct 2018, 11:23 • #862 
Glass Fanatic
Welcome, Lynn B!

Post 17 Oct 2018, 17:03 • #863 
Guide
I love in Krakow, Poland
My home waters - trout streams in Southern Poland around Krakow in radius of 100 km
also I often fish in neighbor country Slovakia - rivers Vah, Poprad and tributaries
occasionally - Norway/Sweden/Russia/wherever else Atlantic salmon swims

Last edited by easternffer on 31 Oct 2018, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

Post 29 Oct 2018, 12:12 • #864 
Sport
Cape Cod... We have ponds... and Salt water surrounding us.......
Stripers... False Albies... Blues...
Trout.... Small, and Large Mouth Bass...
We do the best we can... without much moving water.
Striper fishing on the flats, is like Enlarged Bone Fishing...

Post 29 Oct 2018, 12:14 • #865 
Glass Fanatic
Welcome, Johnny Spamp! Nice variety of fish there.

Post 05 Nov 2018, 19:17 • #866 
I live in north-eastern Italy and I fish the alpine streams, lakes and rivers in my area. I usually go for marble trout, brown trout, sometimes grayling. I love fishing for Arctic char in high mountain lakes but I don't get to do it as often as I'd like to. In the last years I've been going to Lapland for vacation and I've fallen in love with the nature and the fishing up there.

Post 13 Nov 2018, 18:42 • #867 
Name is John Watts, screen name Missed Again which is what the Skeet ref said most times when I shot at a target. I have hunted and fished all of my life. Am from and lived in South Carolina most all my life. Have now retired just across the line in Western North Carolina on a lake in the foothills of the Blue Ridge. We have Muskie, Bass, Crappie, etc. in the lake out of the front door and Trout in the river out back. Fly rodding for the Trout will be a new experience so I’m gonna need a lot of help so Thank You for your assistances to come.

Post 13 Nov 2018, 19:49 • #868 
Glass Fanatic
Welcome, Missed Again! As I often say on Station 1, "I like to get that first miss out of the way." Enjoy fishing those waters -- sounds like they're great.

Post 26 Nov 2018, 14:34 • #869 
Located in Atlanta, but have only been here a few years. Originally from Knoxville, TN and cut my teeth fly fishing the Smokies. After many years of fishing mostly tailwaters, I've rediscovered my love for small streams, which has ignited my recently interest in glass rods.

Post 01 Dec 2018, 17:16 • #870 
I am from San Diego and fly fish mostly in local lakes and our two bays. I have to go north to Bishop or Bridgeport to get my trout ‘fix’ each year but mostly fish for warm water species or inshore saltwater ones. My main weapon is an Epic 686 fiberglass rod (killer!) but as I also make bamboo fly rods, I mix it up a bit.

Tom

Post 01 Dec 2018, 18:37 • #871 
Master Guide
tohickon, I live in Berks County PA. If you want to get together sometime, let me know. I know the Tulpehocken Creek like the back of my hand, along with other streams. I live and breath fly fishing, having fly fished and tied flies for +- 56 years. God, that makes me feel old.

Post 10 Dec 2018, 21:38 • #872 
Sport
I live in Honea Path SC. Fish warmer rivers near the house and also in the Chauga and Chattooga on the South Carolina side.

I've been fishing fiberglass rods more in the past year and love the low effort of them compared to my graphite rods.

Post 12 Dec 2018, 08:14 • #873 
Glass Fanatic
Welcome, dsilver1007!

Post 12 Dec 2018, 10:53 • #874 
Guide
Hardly a new guy to the forum but I think I just discovered this thread.

I moved back home to MN a year ago after going to school in Fargo, getting a job and living in central OH and then the Chicago area for a while. My bride and I re-established ourselves in the Twin Cities, specifically the Woodbury/ Oakdale area, partly because it's pretty nice and partly because of the access to western WI trout streams :D (Bride found that out after we got here). I'm happy to fish anywhere within a couple hours of home. I'm spoiled so I tend to keep it within an hour for trout but most everything else is worth a drive.

Post 12 Dec 2018, 22:24 • #875 
Sport
Thank you! I look forward to learning!

Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next New Topic Add Reply