It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:52

Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next New Topic Add Reply
Post 09 Jan 2023, 23:04 • #1001 
Sport
I live in the Columbia River Gorge in Washington State. I fish all over the Northwest and Alaska as well as the occasional Idaho, Wyoming or Montana trip. I know the road system in AK extremely well as I’ve been there 50-60 times in the last 15 years. I fish glass for everything except steelhead which I fish for with my double hand Burkheimers although I do like my Echo glass spey. I dabble in collecting vintage glass and Hardy reels like probably most of you on here.

Post 02 Feb 2023, 07:31 • #1002 
Hello from a new member. I live in Nebraska and mostly fish here, but travel regularly to Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado to hike/backpack and fish. Locally I do mainly warm water species in still water, but there are some spots for stocker trout. Just caught the glass rod bug last fall so a bit new to this aspect of fly fishing, but since last fall I have been fishing a Scott F Series 724 almost exclusively for the area's stocker trout.

Post 02 Feb 2023, 08:25 • #1003 
Hi,
I´m a new member. I´m based in the south of Finland and do most of my flyfishing in either the streams in central Finland or up north above the arctic circle. However, I like to combine my fishing with travel which often takes me to the streams in the Alps and by upcoming plans to Ireland, England and Scotland.
My closest salmon river is less than 100 miles away with baltic salmon runs in the fall.

My glass rods are a Hardy the Glass 7´ #3 coupled with a Hardy´s Featherweight reel and my latest from the used market, a Hardy´s Fibalite Perfection 14' #10 with a Hardy Marquis Salmon #3 in mint condition. Also having newer fiber rods and reels in my setup for specific purposes like nymphing and streamers.

Post 14 Feb 2023, 11:23 • #1004 
I live on Cape Cod and have fished strictly saltwater the last few years--I have an 18' center console and chase striped bass, bluefish, false albacore & bonito. I started fishing glass 8 & 10 wts a few years ago when I discovered how much fun it was to fish an UglyStik spin rod I kept as a "guest rod" on the boat. I started building rods a couple years ago also and currently fish North Fork Iconoglass 8 & 10 wts I put together. I love how they fight fish, and how durable they are.

Post 21 Feb 2023, 22:26 • #1005 
Sport
I live in northern NJ and do some fishing on blue lines out in the Delaware watershed when I can. Otherwise, I tend to fish most on vacation due to scheduling challenges. Favorite spots are the Adirondacks and Vermont, but I'm excited for a couple of saltwater trips I have coming up later this year (Sarasota Bay in April and Brewster Flats in August).

Post 26 Feb 2023, 12:18 • #1006 
I live in Boulder County, Colorado. I fish local streams and ponds for trout and panfish and venture out to the Gold Meadow waters all around the state several times a year. Rocky Mountain National Park is just up the road and the Big Thompson/Cache la Poudre isn't far away. I need to venture out of the state more.

Post 21 Mar 2023, 00:43 • #1007 
Sport
New to the forum in the SF area. Did not realize all the fly fishing history that existed in the Bay Area until I joined this forum. Most of my fishing is surf fishing and in the California Delta. Longer trips involve the Sierras and Shasta regions.

Post 31 Mar 2023, 06:39 • #1008 
I’m from Virginia where I work for the Department of Environmental Quality. I mostly fish blue lines in Virginia and North Carolina. This coming weekend I am heading to try some new water in PA’s Allegheny National Forest.

Post 01 Apr 2023, 13:23 • #1009 
I'm in south-central Iowa.

I fish in my backyard in my 1/2 acre pond. We have several nearby community ponds and lakes that I have fished and will fish more now that I have recently retired.

I grew up in Missouri fishing on the pristine gravel bottomed streams.

I'm interested in panfish.

Let me know of good fishing streams in southern Iowa please.

Post 06 Apr 2023, 22:50 • #1010 
Beavercreek Ohio

I mainly fish the Mad and both Miami Rivers.

Post 25 Apr 2023, 09:51 • #1011 
Sport
After living on Montana for 30 years my wife and I retired to Florida. Just started fishing the warm water lakes in west central Florida

Post 01 May 2023, 20:52 • #1012 
Lurker/occasional poster. I live in the Sierra in NorCal. I have always had glass rods. Currently only a 3 weight Fisher and a 3/4 Steffen . Lucky me-i have a blue line and a trout-filled reservoir walkable from our home.

Post 07 May 2023, 23:45 • #1013 
Sport
Two weeks ago fished the Green River for two days in blizzard conditions. Day 1, tried everything from streamers, to dry flies to droppers. Not a bite on day one. Spent most of the float trying clean ice from the guides and to stay warm, with wind chill factor into the low teens. Brrrrrr. Day 2, similar action. Then stopped for lunch on the river and set out again, when the blizzard took a pause. The blue wings started hatching and the trout all started surfacing. We caught about 12 fish in an hour on dry flies, when the weather turned and the blizzard resumed. Totally worth it.

Post 17 May 2023, 22:37 • #1014 
I live north of Kansas city about about thirty miles.

I fish all over the state of Missouri.
I fish a lot of local lakes for bluegill, crappie, bass, and channel cat.

Mighty Missouri for big blues and flat heads.

And for trout.
I fish roaring river, Mauntak.

I'm always trying to fish water I've never fished.

Post 10 Jun 2023, 07:45 • #1015 
Master Guide
Welcome aboard! I’ve never fished in Missouri.

Post 03 Aug 2023, 15:31 • #1016 
I live in the Denver burbs and fish mostly streams w/in a 90 min drive of the house. A few times each summer and fall I'll wander further to try new places. I also fish some of the creeks in south central PA when I go home to visit. I caught this beauty earlier this month on the Breeches near Boiling Springs.

Post 19 Aug 2023, 09:18 • #1017 
Essex Jct, Vermont here.

I mainly fish small streams but I do venture out in to the bigger rivers now and then. I’ve been fly fishing and tying since I was 13, just got in to glass rods last year. I wish I would have done it sooner, I’ve been having a blast fishing them.

Post 23 Aug 2023, 21:20 • #1018 
Sport
Tulsa, OK - fish ponds and lakes regularly and on happy occasions get to fish some river somewhere. But mostly walk about 400-feet away from my backdoor and fling a cast in one of a couple ponds and catch a panfish that I want to eat but end up tossing back.

Post 03 Sep 2023, 13:45 • #1019 
Sport
Hello all!
This is a really interesting topic, shows how diverse fly fishing is, and what we may be in for when we choose to go out and experience new waters.
May have shared before -I'm Indiana born and raised, fishing from 4 to 67 so far, fly fishing hooked by Gadabout Gaddis at about eight, obsessed with finding a fly outfit in the Hoosier state. Central Hardware in Indy had a Heddon 7 weight (level) carded outfit, I forget the price, but yard mowing and allowances for several weeks (begging to go back), and it was mine!
Local rivers (Big Flatrock, Little Flatrock, West Fork Whitewater) and farm ponds gave up shiners and chubs, my imagined rainbows and browns, and all manner of sunfish including black bass.
I remember my first largemouth on a muddler, huge bluegills on sponge rubber spiders, and later poppers for just about everything ... even a 4+ pound blue cat that fought like a mule.
Lived through comments of "Hey son, when you gonna quit thrashin' 'round!", and "What is that, 'bout 300 pound test?" Never saw another fly fisher person here for at least 20 or so years.
I'm through about 40 outfits, 6-7 favs really do it all.

Post 06 Sep 2023, 06:58 • #1020 
I like to fish in the European high Alps, especially in Switzerland, as I am Swiss and live here. Switzerland is a small country, about half the size of Maine, with about a third (the Alps) uninhabitable. Still, almost 9 million people live here, so it's quite a crowd ;-)
We are feeling the climate change here and fishing in streams and rivers is not getting easier because of the too warm water in summer. There are fewer fish and they are in poor health. But in the mountains where the water still flows cold it's okay.
I posted pictures of my two Kabutos on the "Rod Photos" forum and someone asked about how I use the Kabuto 79345. One of my favourite areas for the 79345 is the Engadin, a high valley that is not only known for its extraordinary scenic beauty, but also enjoys worldwide fame as an excellent tourist destination. Here, nature, jet set and high culture have entered into a symbiosis for more than 150 years. Of course it is populated. But if you walk an hour away from the hotspots, you are immediately alone... Here are a few pictures to illustrate this. You can also visit the homepage https://www.engadin.ch/en/

and last but not least, this one is not from Engadin but also a nice place

Post 15 Oct 2023, 18:38 • #1021 
Sport
I live in Shropshire, UK. I mainly fish smaller rivers and streams in Shropshire and Mid Wales where the main species are brown trout and grayling.
Occasionally I’ll fish stocked stillwaters if the rivers are out of sorts. Although not my first choice of venue, the fishing can be quite a challenge. There can be quite a lot of angling pressure and the fish see a lot of flies.
Also I have family in the Netherlands and one of my rods goes with me when we visit. There are a lot of canals and you are seldom far from somewhere you can fish, an assortment of baitfish patterns will get you perch, pike and the occasional zander.

Post 06 Nov 2023, 16:26 • #1022 
Howdy everyone - I’m located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada range just north of Yosemite. I primarily fish small creeks for trout and hike in ponds for bass & sunfish. Had a lot of fun this summer going after small LCT on the east side & terrorizing small bass with my burgeoning wonderod collection.

Post 13 Nov 2023, 16:22 • #1023 
Hi all! I am local to the Milwaukee, WI area. I mostly fish the Wisconsin Driftless, but I also fly fish the Milwaukee River and the Fox River. Happy to be here!

Post 09 Dec 2023, 14:03 • #1024 
Hi clues in the name, I live in Gloucester on the edge of the Cotswolds.
Mostly fish the local rivers and small streams for Trout and Grayling.
Lucky to be a member of the local club https://berkeley-fishing.co.uk/
If I have the time and travel further afield its the Monnow and its tributories or the Wye.

Post 14 Dec 2023, 18:48 • #1025 
Sport
I’m from Western Massachusetts and Flyfishing mostly in the Swift River and fish exclusively glass rods now

Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next New Topic Add Reply