It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:31

Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next New Topic Add Reply
Post 05 Nov 2021, 05:02 • #976 
I live just west of the Blue Mountains west of Sydney Australia.
Home waters include rivers and still water reservoirs and lakes for trout and native perch such as murray River cod and golden perch With an elevation of 800m just over 2500 feet we have a great semi alpine winter climate here so historically its been always promoted as having great trout fishing for both brown and rainbow trout.

Post 01 Dec 2021, 00:22 • #977 
Im from North Texas. I fish mostly the local lakes and rivers, for warmwater fish, such as Largemouth Bass, white bass, striped bass, catfish, crappie, freshwater drum,... whatever is biting, im happy with.
I often fish in E. Texas close to Hawkins, Cedar Creek Lake, Lake Lavon, Possum Kingdom Lake, Texoma, Ray Hubbard, and other lakes in the Dallas area, and also some of the creeks occasionally for sunfish and small bass.
I have 3 fiberglass rods, along with a host of other fly rods.

Post 22 Dec 2021, 13:17 • #978 
Sport
Dallas.

I fish Oklahoma frequently for trout and hit New Mexico and Colorado in the summer.

I also go after large mouth locally...because they're huge!

Post 22 Dec 2021, 18:23 • #979 
Glass Fanatic
JohnBob
I grew up down in Houston- never fly fished just hit salt every chance I had.

Bayous are teeming with grass carp- check out Herman Park area of Braes Bayou.

Les

Post 25 Dec 2021, 08:53 • #980 
Master Guide
I need to hit those bayous someday, Les!

Post 27 Dec 2021, 10:39 • #981 
Glass Fanatic
Dave
You're right about those bayous in the Houston area- worth the trip. This Spring I'll take you to some of my favorite spots around here.

Les

Post 27 Dec 2021, 10:59 • #982 
Glass Fanatic
I grew up in Spring Texas outside of Houston,
moved to Branson in '93 and fish below
Table Rock Dam on Lake Taneycomo
every day with big dry flies.

Post 27 Dec 2021, 11:58 • #983 
Guide
I am relatively new to the forum...but welcome, Herman.

Can I assume you fish for sea trout (sea-run browns) and maybe salmon? I fished Ireland for sea-run trout about 20 years ago and loved it. My fishing partner and I tried to find fish in the estuaries, before they ran up the rivers, but had our best luck in the river mouth of the River Moy up north.

My main outfit was a 9'6" Scott 6wt, "Arc" series, as it was fairly strong and had a slow tip for throwing mostly sand eel imitations, which were quite small. That was some of the most rewarding fly fishing of my chequered career.

I have resided in the Sonoran desert, Tucson, Arizona for some time now..but have the enthusiasm for glass rods for fishing the warmwater species..so good luck and welcome aboard!

ps: just noted Herman posted earlier...but welcome anyway!

Post 27 Feb 2022, 12:20 • #984 
Sport
I posted a bunch images in the welcome section- and while most of my fishing is local to Melbourne Australia, these days, I have fished many of the rivers in the Great Divide over the years. But it all started on the Hazelwood River in Tasmania, as a kid, tumbling worms down the rapids. One of the many locations to revisit. Originally from Wales, it would be a joy to return and fish the rivers in the UK.

Post 28 Feb 2022, 22:35 • #985 
St. Marys County, in Southern Maryland, right now. I mostly fish some ponds in the area, and occasionally in the Chesapeake Bay.

Post 02 Mar 2022, 12:59 • #986 
Just retired to East Wenatchee, WA. moved over from the wet side to the dry side and will be fun exploring the local fishing from a different perspective.

Post 07 Mar 2022, 14:41 • #987 
Guide
I live in central NJ-- love to fish the wild trout streams of the area and NW portion of the state. I also enjoy fishing the estuaries for stripers (though I don't have a glass setup for that yet!).

Post 26 Mar 2022, 21:14 • #988 
Sport
I'm in central CT, primarily fish smaller rivers and wild trout streams. I have a couple of glass rods, an FF70 and a newer Fenglass 4wt.

Post 20 Apr 2022, 03:34 • #989 
Hi

I'm Colin,

Live in South Africa and fly fish for various species, ranging from wild stream and river trout to Tiger fish on the Zambezi and Okavango rivers. We also do a lot of surf fishing on fly.

I have two glass rods that I built myself, a 3 piece 7' 3wt and a 8'6 5wt.

Post 04 May 2022, 15:52 • #990 
Howdy,
I'm Matthew and I primarily fish the Driftless region of Minnesota. Small streams, local rivers, and a few excursions here or there when I can get away. I've built a few rods including an 8' 5 wt Blue Halo retroflex 2. Currently repairing my walleye rod, building a graphite 5 wt, and have several glass blanks on standby for the near future. I've been learning lots from this group already and am looking forward to contributing!

Post 06 May 2022, 08:16 • #991 
Master Guide
Welcome aboard to the new folks!

Post 23 May 2022, 14:50 • #992 
Originally from MA. From western MA, the Berkshires. I fish mainly MA and CT , Housatonic, Farmington, Westfield, Wilimantic, Nissitissit, Millers rivers and many small streams and brooks.

Post 06 Jul 2022, 16:45 • #993 
Hi all,
I’m from the Lake District in England. I fish mainly still water but also some rivers such as the river Kent. Wild browns in the rivers and stocked fish mostly depending on the still water. Fish my hardy Sirrus and also a Sunray California.

Post 07 Aug 2022, 21:03 • #994 
Guide
Grew up in Millbury MA. About 3 miles from a Blue Line brook trout stream. Didn’t even know what that was until last year. Just knew the water was cold in August and you had to crawl on your hands and knees up to the stream or the brook would explode with native brookies leaving fast. My father turned me on to the stream. He learned to fly fish in Germany post WW2. Ironically, he would let me use any of his guns but I was never allowed to touch his fly rod. Didn’t pick up a fly rod until I was 63. Always tossed flies with a clear torpedo float with my Zebco when we went fishing. Streams were “no bait only” before FFO. I now fish at my Fly fishing club north of Boston and local ponds and rivers that are stocked in spring and fall. Also some little known golf courses that have bass and panfish when the heat of the summer puts a damper on the trout fishing. This week in NH, I fished the Pemiwagasset, Perch Pond, Jimmies pool on the Ellis in Jackson NH and Echo Lake in North Conway. Got kicked out of the pool on the Ellis by a territorial beaver. Tossed a hopper dropper rig in the Saco but only saw dead stocked brookies on the bottom. Heat wave even in the mountains. Water temperatures over 73 just about everywhere.

Post 09 Sep 2022, 08:33 • #995 
Sport
I’m from New York State and currently (the last 30 years) reside in Western Massachusetts. I mostly flyfish the Swift River and a few smaller streams that will stay unnamed.

Post 15 Sep 2022, 18:00 • #996 
I live in Ottawa Ontario, just up the street from the Ottawa River and 10 minutes from the Rideau River. Great fly fishing for bass!
I’m 76, and as a boy grew up fishing for trout with my father and uncles. I was relegated to worms (boy did they work well!) but how I envied the fine bamboo fly rods used by my elders! … that was long ago. Since then, I’ve been privileged to fish bamboo, glass, and graphite rods in many venues for many species. Lately I’ve returned to the glass rods of my youth, but in a wonderful modern form. An added advantage is that so many of the better rods are offered as blanks, which allows me to feel a part of the process…
Great forum. I look forward to making new friends. If you want any info on fishing Eastern Ontario, I’m your guy… Mel

Post 02 Oct 2022, 20:15 • #997 
Guide
Born & raised in western Colorado. Since we lived in the mountains, I started trout fishing early in life. Since my dad preferred fly fishing, I picked up fly rodding fairly young as well. Back then, in that part of the country, fly fishing wasn’t seen as a “wealthy” sport-but merely as an interesting way to fish. I went into the military, but returned to CO afterwards. Obviously, I still prefer to fish there. My favorite is high mountain creeks, but I’ll fish almost anywhere, if given the chance.

Post 01 Jan 2023, 21:03 • #998 
Hi all. Thanks for accepting my request to join.

I'm from North Queensland, Australia, and fish almost anywhere I can.

My favourite targets on my little glass rods are a couple of native fish we call sooty grunter, and Jungle perch... and I've been known to also use glass for our oxeye herring (a much smaller cousin to the Atlantic Tarpon).

I will be taking my 3wt glass down to Tasmania later this month, and am super keen to throw around a few dries for some wild Brown and rainbow trout.

Post 02 Jan 2023, 07:03 • #999 
Master Guide
Welcome LilDave!
Love to hear about fishing in other parts of the world.

Post 02 Jan 2023, 20:03 • #1000 
Thanks mate.

Appreciate it

Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next New Topic Add Reply