It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:18

New Topic Add Reply
Other Companies
Post 18 Dec 2005, 11:55 • #1 
Guide
I hear Diamondglass, Steffen Brothers, Lamiglas, and Scott mentioned a lot. Are there any other companies out there that are currently offering glass rods or blanks?

Other Companies
Post 18 Dec 2005, 12:29 • #2 
Emeritus
Thomas and Thomas heirloom series, Winston Retro, Mcfarland rod company (looks like lamiglas blanks but Mike Mcfarland won't admit it), Takada (Japanese).
I can't think of any others.
ribs

Other Companies
Post 18 Dec 2005, 12:44 • #3 
Guide
Hardy Perfection, and I believe Dave Lewis builds his completed rods on Lami blanks. Phillipson glass blanks and rods are also available from Rick's Rods. I believe that a limited selection of Russ Peak blanks are available from Kerry Burkheimer.

You can get pretty much anything you want, within reason.

Tight Lines,

Alistair

Other Companies
Post 29 Dec 2005, 13:41 • #4 
Guide
Thanks for the responses.

I found that Mario Wojnicki builds glass rods. Does anyone have any experience with his glass rods. They look beautiful, but they are very expensive.

mariowojnicki.com/_wsn/page3.html

Other Companies
Post 29 Dec 2005, 17:32 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
Other "new" rods are Eagle Claw and the recently discontinued Fenwick Fenglass. Phil has some rods built on Cumming blanks at his Kettle Ck. shop too.

Other Companies
Post 02 Jan 2006, 06:24 • #6 
Piscator
Kineya in Japan makes a beautiful and expensive glass rod.
www.kineyatackle.com/index/Eindex.html?frame215972=Emain.html

Other Companies
Post 02 Jan 2006, 07:35 • #7 
Guide
When I was searching for glass rods on google I came across this page from Ron's Rods and Reels.
www.ronsrodsandreels.com/page6.html
But, when you start from his home page there is no link to a glass rod page, only graphite and cane pages. I wonder if this is just a mistake or if he is no longer dealing glass rods.

Anyway, on the top of the page it says "ASK ABOUT THE NEW WISCONSIN ROD CO. 3PC FIBERGLASS RODS! " for only $249.
Anybody have any information about these rods?

scud dog,

Is there a link or address to "Phil's Kettle Creek shop"? This shop is in PA I'm assuming.

Thanks for all the responses,
Pete

Other Companies
Post 02 Jan 2006, 22:18 • #8 
Glass Fanatic
hey bulldog,
do you have one of these or have you ever cast one? just curious.
-tonemike

Other Companies
Post 03 Jan 2006, 00:07 • #9 
FFR Founder
I sent an email to the Japanese guy inquiring about the "Amber Shadow" rod about a month ago, but no reply. Alec

Other Companies
Post 03 Jan 2006, 04:24 • #10 
Piscator
Hi Mike, no I haven't cast one. But I believe this is a Scott blank (from the process they bought from Fisher) and it's finished al dente. I asked Rick Sorensen, who imports Kineya reels to quote me a price, and he replied that it may take a few days to get a reply from Japan. And I fully expect it to be far out of my league. He imports the reels in batches and there's no reason a rod couldn't come along. When he replies, I'll post his quote here.

Other Companies
Post 05 Jan 2006, 15:04 • #11 
Guide
I got a response back from Ron's Rods and Reels and this is what he had to say about the new wisconsin rod co.

"The Wisconsin rods are built on Lamiglass blanks to your reel seat grip specs. Very nice slow action rods. Vince Cummings used Lamiglass blanks for his rods and modified the tapers as desired."

So they aren't "new" rods. Oh well, there is still the new T&T and Lamiglas rods to look foward to.

Also, does anyone know anything about or have a Mario Wojnicki glass rod?

Thanks,
Pete

Other Companies
Post 09 Jan 2006, 05:22 • #12 
Piscator
I got the quote on a Kineya glass rod. $585 with a 2-month delivery. Too rich for my blood, but what fine hardware they show in their photos.

New Topic Add Reply