It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 04:42

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Post 03 Jun 2009, 01:18 • #26 
Administrator
Algyros,

Welcome to the Fiberglass Flyrodders! I'm glad you decided to post!

Keep an eye open for the next Texas Glassic. The event last fall had a ton of classic glass rods to play with. Hopefully we will have some other events cropping up around the country too. But it looks like we missed a good one with this Northeast Glass Clave.

Tom

Post 03 Jun 2009, 01:45 • #27 
Glass Fanatic
Nice going Andy!
sorry I missed it.

if this becomes an annual thing,
I'll try and make it next year.

Looks like youse Guys had a blast ...
(and nice weather!)

Post 03 Jun 2009, 02:44 • #28 
Master Guide
I was there at the glassic ... it was a good group of people and the fishing was excellent. Fishing to educated fish on the Farmington is an experience everyone should do. The Farmington has excellent hatches and it's your best bet for trout over 20" in the northeast. The water is wonderfully cold, 49 degrees at the west branch. Andy, if you need help organizing another clave for next year, let me know. I would be more that entusiastic to help. I should of gathered up more of my rods to bring along. Algyros, Andy's rods are very nicely done and the Reed series are light in hand and a good casting rods. They would be a great fishing tool. -Fred

Post 03 Jun 2009, 03:12 • #29 
Glass Fanatic
Hello
Fred thanks for the kindness the rods will speak for themselves, I am reluctant to give my impression as I am biased.
Guys one of you need to take on the next Northeast Clave I helped Lou with the first one On the Deerfield, I organized this one.
The next one I just want to attend!
If one of you step up I will be glad to pass on my insights and help you get started however.
An Oak Orchard Clave might be in order?
The key is a sponsor!
Tight Lines and Fiberglass Loops
Andy M

Post 03 Jun 2009, 03:45 • #30 
Master Guide
Andy, if you're passing the torch ... I'll take it. I think the Farmington would be the ideal location in the Northeast, campgrounds and access to the river. I could find some additional sponsors. Let me know, I could make this BIG!
-Fred

Post 03 Jun 2009, 04:55 • #31 
Glass Fanatic
Hello Fred
I would not recommend doing it on the Farmington Next Year.
The idea is to change locations so we get a sampling of the Northeast fishing locations.
I would recommend the Housatonic if it need be in Connecticut it has Camping right on the river a much larger campground and there are
shops that could help sponsor the event.
Why not New York?
Tight Lines and Sampled Loops
Andy M

Post 03 Jun 2009, 09:47 • #32 
Glass Fanatic
Am I Blue? Yes It's true ...
Looks like the Clave was an excellent one. Quite an arsenal of rods on display.
Good job Andy and to all who were there. I'm in for next year, I'll just have to work it in. One way or another. After all, the last I went to, one fell on my wife' birthday and she's almost over that. So as long as it isn't on 6/23, I'll be there.
Tight lines and '10 Clave loops.
RFMcD

Post 03 Jun 2009, 11:18 • #33 
Glass Fanatic
Hello
No need to be blue.
I bet your local streams are fishing super right now.
These events are allot of work but the comradery we share is worth the trouble.
I did miss your presence as that of many of the others that attended our first ever Clave we had on the Deerfield.
Hopefully next year we can all get together!
Tight Lines Your Friend.
Andy M

Last edited by The Glass Master on 03 Jun 2009, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

Post 03 Jun 2009, 22:32 • #34 
Master Guide
I too am "blue". So sorry I could not get away to attend the clave. I was so looking forward to fishing the Farmington and sharing the time with friends..old and new alike. Hats off to Andy and sponsors - looks like it was a great gathering. Again, wish I could have been there.
Lou
P.S. I didn't know there were stripers in the Farmington.

Post 03 Jun 2009, 23:22 • #35 
Glass Fanatic
Thanks Andy for hosting a great clave! I had a great time, caught 3 nice fish too (sorry, no pictures), and met some nice people. I enjoyed casting your rods and appreciated your comments on my 7'9" custom Lami build. I also enjoyed talking to our sponsors-they deserve our patronage.

John

Post 04 Jun 2009, 01:06 • #36 
Glass Fanatic
Hello
John it was great to see you again!
The river was really fishing well I got a gorgeous Brookie Saturday night I unhooked him and as I was fumbling with the camera I dropped the fish and it swam away!
Your Lami Rod Build was the prettiest I have ever seen you are a true craftsman!
The Rod cast super wasn't the fellow that won second place in the cast off Russ M whom had never cast glass before casting your Lami?
Would you post a photo of the rod the picture I got is out of focus?

Otto and Snook fished the Connecticut river Thursday before the clave we have Striper fishing for brutes like those 10 minuets from the house
Snook got 4 that day over 30"!

My sons Buddy Al Stopped by yesterday to let me know he was getting his boat in today and let me know he added a non slip material to the fore deck for the fly fisherman.
Al is a graduate of the Sound School we have here and part of the curriculum is rod building, Al does a super job on the big salt water stix.
I gave him the pile of Salt Water Stix that has been collecting in my shop for years last month to play with.
I will be hitting the Salt as soon as the trout fishing slacks off.

Next year Lou for sure or if you ever have plans to hit the Farmington just give me a holler I will be gad to put you on some fish!

Tight Lines and Clave Aftermath Loops
Andy M

Last edited by The Glass Master on 04 Jun 2009, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

Post 04 Jun 2009, 06:57 • #37 
Glass Fanatic
Hi Andy,

It's true that Russ used my extended lami. He told me he liked it and that it flexed more than the rods he was used to! And he was casting my WF4 which I thought was a little overlined for that rod. What do I know, I am still amazed when I can hit the water with my fly casts. I will get some pictures up of the rod by noon tomorrow.

John

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply