It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:13

New Topic Add Reply
Post 19 Mar 2024, 14:59 • #1 
Master Guide

If you are planning to attend the Michi-Glass Gathering this year, it's time to set aside Sunday, June 30th on your calendar. I've changed the venue back to the the place where most if not all who have taken this event in over the years have favored. That place is Warblers Hideaway, 2704 Lovells Road, Grayling, MI. ,49778. The main reason that I've decided to move back is the pavilion. We were rained out prematurely last year with no shelter to get under. We had one gathering before at Warblers and we sat under the pavilion in comfort. It is a nice feature.
The date is a departure from years past in that this gathering was always planned to be an event that followed the Grayrock Rodmakers Gathering to enable the people who attend that gathering to be able to take Michi-Glass in as well on the same weekend. It's always been my aim to have the attendees be able to fish the Hex hatch the same weekend while they are in the area, but it has been hit or miss the last few years with the hatch coming on after the weekend of the gathering is over. Hopefully it works out with this change.
The format with the gathering will remain the same as the last few years. It will start at 10 am and last to later in the afternoon. I will provide water with a price of $35.00 per bottle (with a discount of $35.00 per bottle that will only be good for that day}. Bring your own snacks, beer, gin, vodka, bourbon, ale, wine, or soda pop. There are picnic tables there but if you want something more comfortable than that, bring a chair.
This is by nature a swap meet of sorts too. Many rods and reels have passed hands at this gathering in the past, so if you want to bring stuff that falls into that category, by all means, bring it. The picnic tables there have gotten filled up with this stuff in the past, so if you have a lot, bring a folding table.
Bring your rods too. in the past only a few people bring their rods and many guys don't bring their rods for others to cast and look over. It isn't a glass gathering unless everyone brings what they have for all to appreciate. I hope to see old friends and meet new ones too. All are welcome.

Mark McKellip

Post 20 Mar 2024, 05:40 • #2 
Master Guide
Mark, Thanks for organizing this event. Always a fun gathering with fine people and great gear.

Post 27 Mar 2024, 14:43 • #3 
Master Guide
Nice pictures Grouse. Looking back, its mind boggling how many different rods have made their appearance at this gathering. From every era, from the most common to the ultra rare. It really has been amazing. Hopefully that trend will be in evidence this year.
Mark.

Post 28 Mar 2024, 22:33 • #4 
Sport
I have to make it to one of these events someday.

New Topic Add Reply