It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:12

New Topic Add Reply
Post 28 Oct 2023, 09:33 • #1 
Master Guide
This is kind of peripheral to fiberglass fly rods, but it is some (not terribly welcome) news for those of us who call California home. California Fly Fisher is (was) a largely print-focused bimonthly publication with only a minimal web presence. Here’s a quote from the announcement on their web page (https://www.calflyfisher.com/):

“California Fly Fisher is halting publication in its current format, and under its current ownership, as of our October 2023 issue.

Thank you to everyone who supported this "happy, maverick" magazine during its thirty-one years in print. We know you found value in its pages.

As a California-based fly fisher, I personally found the magazine to be a wonderful resource over the years. More than a few of my fishing accounts posted to the forums here were influenced by articles I read in its pages. I will miss it.

Post 28 Oct 2023, 13:34 • #2 
Guide
Sad to hear.

I was a subscriber to American Fly Fishing's Eastern Section publication but after they merged regions into one I just didn't see the value anymore and dropped my subscription. I understand financial and economic realities but there had to be better ways.

New Topic Add Reply