It is currently 23 Feb 2024, 15:36

New Topic Add Reply
Might be outta my lane
Post 28 Aug 2023, 17:21 • #1 
Sport
This has absolutely nothing to do with Fiberglass, nothing to do with, Fly-Fishing, so if I am too far out just lock this dude down. So, getting onto this forum got me digging and I have a crapload of fishing plugs from the 60's, 70's, 80's still on the skin packs and boxes. Also have tackle boxes full form back in the day. Why do I have these, I dunno. I have no idea the value, but I know there are buyers out there. How do I know what to sell them for - is there any gauge besides going through each piece, piece-x-piece?

Here is one example that I think I will just fish.

Post 28 Aug 2023, 17:34 • #2 
Administrator
Those are bass/bream poppers. Cast them with a 6/7/8/9 weight fly rod, especially on a warm summer evening. One of my favorite fly rod 'flies'.

Wear a hat with a rim that can protect your ears. Until you get used to casting poppers, sometimes the cast makes contact with the caster.

Tom

Post 28 Aug 2023, 18:05 • #3 
Sport
Thanks, I fish a lot of poppers but generally on a 3-WT in a pond on the Fly. Really this is not a good example of what all I have to purge, most of it is bass stuff. This is just an example of the era of which I got the stuff

Post 29 Aug 2023, 10:09 • #4 
Guide
Gear from that era is cool...love those old poppers.

UMCO and Kennedy Kits tackle boxes are somewhat collectible, so don't give those away for nothing.

Post 29 Aug 2023, 21:30 • #5 
Sport
Good to know, thanks

New Topic Add Reply