It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:50

New Topic Add Reply
Hi!
Post 03 Jan 2009, 19:25 • #1 
Guide
Since I'm new to the forum I thought, like Flywalker, that I should say hello. I've already put the cart before the horse and posted my first reply on the Hardy thread, oh well!
Been flyfishing a while but new to glass, the Hardy rod is my first. Since I fish Maryland and southern PA I know this rod will come in handy on some of the streams that I fish. Looking forward to seeing what is going on in the forum and again would like to say hi to everyone out there.

Hi!
Post 03 Jan 2009, 20:17 • #2 
Administrator
Shaman,

Welcome to the Fiberglass Flyrodders! That's a pretty nice rod for your first experience with glass. I think you will like it!

Look around, explore the archives, and join in the discussions!

Tom

Hi!
Post 04 Jan 2009, 06:45 • #3 
Emeritus
Hey there- welcome!

And since you're a shaman ... can you do some kind of hoppy dance/singsong/sprinkled herbs thing to rid me of this horrible fiberglass fetish?

Hi!
Post 04 Jan 2009, 06:54 • #4 
Administrator
That's simple. Flyfishingshaman will send a magic spell to you. You wrap up all your glass rods and paste the magic spell on the outside of the package. Leave the package outside your front door and don't look for three days! The package and all your thoughts about fiberglass will be gone!

Tom

(Flyfishingshaman, please mail middlemac a mailing label with your address and a large stamp attached. This will be way easier than eBay !)

Hi!
Post 04 Jan 2009, 07:25 • #5 
Glass Fanatic
Shaman, welcome to the Forum! Lots to learn here, and some fun to be had. I like the fishing in your part of the country; the Casselman, the Yough, and the North Branch of the Potomac are some of my favorites in the spring.

Again, Welcome!

wacokid54

Hi!
Post 04 Jan 2009, 12:39 • #6 
Guide
To Middlemac - Sorry, can't think of too many things to do to stop your fiberglass fetish. Could change it to cane or carbon fiber (you probably have these as well anyway), but you would still probably come back to fiberglass. I can definitely think of things that are far worse to have a fetish for. About the only thing I could try and do would be to make you a fetish to wear to catch more fish with your fiberglass rod(s). That might take your mind off the other. Of course there is always jgestar's suggestion which would work even better.

To wacokid54 - Like those places as well, but in the fall.

New Topic Add Reply