It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 10:05

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply
Post 22 Jun 2022, 11:48 • #26 
Glass Fanatic
Hmm. Did you go down the road and not see anyone or knock on the door? I suppose we all could have been inside for a short while. But I don’t think we left for dinner until about 6:30 or so. Even then, there were 2 or 3 cars left there. We took the sign down on our return but it was getting dark then. Mark and I didn’t leave until late Monday.

Post 22 Jun 2022, 14:27 • #27 
Master Guide
Mark,

Thank you for your efforts again to ensure the success of this event. Great fly rods and people on hand. Regret travel plans caused a late arrival and fishing plans forced a mid afternoon departure. Really enjoyed meeting some new folks and seeing many of the regular attendees. Cool to see the well made Alexander reels and meet the maker. Fun casting fiberglass and bamboo rods on hand.

Post 23 Jun 2022, 14:46 • #28 
Guide
Weird. I stopped at the first house on the driveway with the sign. There were two trucks, and a ring of chairs around a fire pit. The house was dark, and I knocked and no one answered. There was a wooden rod rack there but it was empty. Should have I gone further down the driveway?

Either way, It's a bummer I missed meeting everyone, but I just went fishing that evening and caught four brown trout on the Manistee. So I'm not complaining.

Post 23 Jun 2022, 15:06 • #29 
Glass Fanatic
Sounds like you were at the right place. Even though late in the day I must be wrong about the time we went to dinner being later still. It was a busy day, but sorry to have missed you. We would have pulled out anything you would have liked to cast.

Post 24 Jun 2022, 07:08 • #30 
Guide
no worries. Next year. I would have liked to see those Alexander reels. They look very nice.

Post 09 Jul 2022, 20:24 • #31 
Glass Fanatic
Mark my words. Alexander reels will be the next darling of those looking for a classic click/pawl reel. Get ‘em while you can still get a low serial number because those numbers are already escalating quickly, not to mention I think he is selling them for too cheap.

Post 12 Jul 2022, 21:13 • #32 
Glass Fanatic
Mark,

can you provide info on the Richard Alexander Imperial replica reels?

does he have a website?

Thanks.

Post 14 Jul 2022, 06:59 • #33 
Guide
Here's the link to the website.
https://rcalexanderreels.com/

Joel

Previous  1, 2 New Topic Add Reply