It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 02:54

New Topic Add Reply
Post 09 Mar 2022, 17:27 • #1 
Guide
I was given the exciting opportunity to do a presentation about fiberglass fly rods at this year's Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo in St. Paul, MN! Titled Buying, Collecting, and Fishing Fiberglass Fly Rods, it will happen at 1PM on Sunday, March 20th. I will talk about why I love glass rods, what to look for when buying, what issues to look out for, and I will have a few rods to waggle after I am done. In putting my presentation together I have been careful to not divulge too much info... hopefully just enough to get people interested in glass!
In my time slot I am going up against John Gierach who will be presenting in another room... Wish me luck! Click the link below to get more info and see the schedule for the entire weekend.
I hope to see some of you there!

https://greatwatersflyexpo.com/

Edit: I had a great time at the Great Waters Expo this past weekend! Everything went smoothly during my fiberglass rod presentation, and a few people even showed up to watch it. I met John Gierach on Friday, we had several conversations throughout the weekend, and we even ate lunch together on Sunday, right after our simultaneous presentations. No pics exist of this lunch, but that's OK. It was pretty awesome!

I slapped together a short recap video of the weekend. Check it out if you're interested. :)
https://youtu.be/Ep9ML7NsuPk

Last edited by chaoticscott on 23 Mar 2022, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

Post 09 Mar 2022, 19:35 • #2 
Administrator
chaoticscott wrote:
In my time slot I am going up against John Gierach who will be presenting in another room...

Phew! I was worried carlz and I would have to kidnap you before you divulged too much collecting know how...

What kind of presentation are you giving? Is there a computer file you will use to present from? If so, maybe I can figure out a way to make it available here.

Tom

Post 09 Mar 2022, 20:13 • #3 
Guide
I have put it together in Google Slides. Not sure of its' shareability on a Forum like this... if you think it would be feasible, I can send it over. Once I am done tinkering with it, that is! I am a crazy tinkerer when it comes to presentations...

Post 14 May 2022, 22:37 • #4 
Master Guide
Really enjoyed your video. Very well done and entertaining. Thanks

New Topic Add Reply