It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:56

New Topic Add Reply
Post 05 Nov 2021, 21:02 • #1 
Guide
Couldn’t see any references to the late , great Peter Anderson on FFR but this famous fisherman is someone we Scots are especially proud of. Mr. Anderson passed away a few weeks past at a grand old age having achieved so much in his long life.
https://www.salmonfishingforum.com/foru ... on.255640/
He designed and promoted rods and lines for Milbro and I picked up one fairly recently for my collection. Well made, reasonably priced at the time and popular with dedicated, ordinary working class anglers , Milbro were a well respected manufacturer and well served with their association with Mr. Anderson I think. Below are a few pics of the rod, a 9.5 ft Reservoir Classic. It took me a wee while to get used to casting it but once familiar it is a decent big rod that felt great with a fish on it!

Post 06 Nov 2021, 08:30 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
Here, I’d not heard of Mr. Anderson. It’s good he’s well remembered, and mourned, by the fishing community there.

Post 06 Nov 2021, 18:25 • #3 
Administrator
Typically we don't post obituaries on the forum. If we do, it would be posted in the News section.

The problem with posting that a famous author/fisherman/luminary has passed is confirming the accuracy of the news. In this case, I confirmed that Mr. Anderson had passed by consulting his families comments on his FaceBook page. A post on an online forum isn't what most would consider a reliable source.

Tom

Post 07 Nov 2021, 08:17 • #4 
Guide
Hi Tom,
I did not intend my post to be an obituary as such. I was surprised that Peter Anderson hadn’t had a mention on this forum previously. Having recently got one of his rods for my collection I was keen to share with other FFR’s. Mr. Anderson is very deserving of recognition I’m sure folk would agree.
It would be a strange individual who would falsely report the passing of someone but I guess they must be out there!

New Topic Add Reply