It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:33

New Topic Add Reply
Post 24 Nov 2008, 13:47 • #1 
Inactive

I have finally ironed out all the details for future rod models and pricing. First to answer a few questions. Yes, I am still building rods and will once again start taking orders. However, I have changed the line-up somewhat. I will now offer three different models of the Spruce Creek rods. My idea behind this is to make a rod that will meet everyones interests. As you will notice, the Presentation Grade rods have jumped considerably in price. There is just so much time and expense involved in these rods that I had to raise the price. I actually thought about stopping production on the Presentation rods all together. However, I decided to continue to offer them as they are such special rods and they are what I really want to be a representation of my work as a rodmaker. To help counteract this, I will be offering a new model called the "Classic". This will be a great rod by any standards but will not have the engraved reel seat or the engraved brass hardware on the rod tube. I will also continue to offer the Stream Grade will only a small price increase and still under $400.

As you are all aware I have been extremely behind on rod deliveries. This being the situation, the estimated delivery time for a rod will now be about a year. I know this is a long time for a non-bamboo rod, but please keep in mind that I am a one man show. I do every step of the rod construction from cutting and ferruling the blank, to wrapping and finishing, as well as the signiature and serial number. I also personally answer all emails and phone calls (when I can). I originally thought of not taking any deposit with new orders, but I realized that people don't feel like they are actually on the list unless they have paid something towards the rod. For the future I will take a $100 deposit with the order. The deposit is totally refundable if you get tired of waiting, find another rod, your financial situation changes, etc.

I will begin accepting new orders immediately so please take a look at the following information and if you would like to get a rod on order or have any questions let me know.

Thanks,
Mike McFarland

New Spruce Creek Pricing

Stream Grade $395

Pretty much the same rod as last year with a small price increase. I really wanted to keep this rod under $400.

-Standard seat is a nice alum downlock with cocobola wood insert. Can also do aluminum cap and ring seat with cork or wood insert.

-H&H ceramic or Perfection stripping guide

-Cordura covered, clip top case with built in divided liners

Options:

-dark anodized reel seat and dark snake guides add $25

-rods over 3 piece add $25 per section

Classic $539

New model to allow great looks and features similar to the Presentation Grade, but at a lesser cost.

-Up or downlocking nickel silver seat with cocobola insert (other woods available)

-Can also select NS cap and ring seat with cork or wood insert.

-H&H or Perfection stripping guide

-Green powder coated aluminum tube with McFarland logo

-Handmade cloth bag

Options:

-dark NS seat and dark guides N/C

-agate stripping guide add $30

-rods over 3 piece add $25 per section

Presentation Grade $675

-Best quality NS reel seats available in up or downlock engraved with McFarland logo

-Hand turned inserts of the finest burled and figured woods

-My own design cap and ring seats in NS, brass, or bronze are also available

-Real agate stripping guide

-Choice or wraps including trim wraps

-Bronze tube with polished brass hardware engraved with McFarland logo

-Handmade cloth rod bag

Options:

-blued reel seat hardware using original a classic bluing solution that produces a nice deep blue (not black) finish add $25

[Mike: I placed a copy of your post in the Messages forum also. Tom]

Last edited by jgestar on 24 Nov 2008, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

Post 24 Nov 2008, 14:38 • #2 
Administrator
Mike McFarland ... the new models and pricing look great. Let the new order line start ... but I hope a certain seven weight sneaks out of the shop before those get started.

New Topic Add Reply