It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:41

New Topic Add Reply
Post 24 Dec 2020, 12:58 • #1 
Sport
I'm trying to reply to two pms and my replies are just sitting in my outbox. I had to send email replies. Am I doing something wrong?

Tony

Post 24 Dec 2020, 13:28 • #2 
Glass Fanatic
I think they stay in the outbox until open by the recipient, when they get moved to the sent messages folder.

Post 24 Dec 2020, 13:36 • #3 
Glass Fanatic
That's it. The recipient has to retrieve the message. Some don't check regularly or notice they've received a PM. If expecting to receive messages, check regularly, especially important if someone has posted FS or Wanted items.

Post 24 Dec 2020, 13:58 • #4 
Sport
Okay. M Seems weird that someone gets a message that is still in my outbox. Thanks for the lesson!

Tony

Post 24 Dec 2020, 14:29 • #5 
Master Guide
PMs move from outbox to sent when they are read.

Post 24 Dec 2020, 16:00 • #6 
Glass Fanatic
Tone wrote:
Okay. M Seems weird that someone gets a message that is still in my outbox. Thanks for the lesson!

Tony

It gets even odder. The recipient might have seen the message if they get email notifications. Then the PM gets emailed to them and they can read it, but it still doesn't get moved out of your outbox.

Post 24 Dec 2020, 19:27 • #7 
Administrator
The system does not receive feedback from external email deliveries. The software can only detect if a member views your PM through the forum system. Until that happens, the message remains in the outbox.

As noted above, many members receive email notifications of PMs. The member can reply via email, but that reply is not included in the forum system. That reply may also be sent with your email address header. If you wish to keep your email address private, only use the forum system to send and reply to PMs.

Tom

New Topic Add Reply